Thread: Links at GC

BACKPACKNJACK Guest

Links at GC

This may have been asked and answered before but if so I haven't seen it.
    (well maybe I just don't remember it )

Why isn't this site listed, along with the links to the "State Parks" and the "Ozark Mountain Geocachers" on the Arkansas page (when you search by state) at GC under Local Organizations? Just these two are listed.

LadyEngineer Guest
    Yes it has been discussed before, see link below, but not in along time. Maybe it's time to bring it up again.

http://www.arkgeocaching.org/modules...7f62835f503b09

Phantom_491 Guest
    Someone (I believe South Deltan {Please forgive me if I am wrong}) stated that GC.com is working on a project where all the various groups will be listed and I think links will be set up to their respective websites.

It is taking a while because os the rapid growth of caching, and the springing up of local groups all over the place.

I believe that sums up the info that I had. As far as I know this isn't a top (ie: get it done now) project but one that is steadily being worked on.

Forgive me if this information is incorrect. I pulled it all from memory!

Yep, that's pretty much what I understand, too. Heidi (Groundspeak) has taken on this project, but it has been a long time getting off the ground (so to speak... )
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

An update on this issue. Last week, I sent yet another email to Groundspeak about including our link on the Arkansas state page. As usual, I have gotten no response. However, a few days ago, all of the state page links were removed. The latest news is that the links were removed "pending the development of a better solution to keep track of recognized organizations."

I'll try to keep an eye on this for us...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile