Thread: Gadget Caches

Gadget Caches

So I'm in and rested up from my trip to GWSXIII. What an adventure. Some of the stats include: an eight day trip totaling 3,130.4 miles that included 3 night caches, 8 events, 3 webcams, 10 lab caches, 10 different states, 83 traditionals, 72 virtuals, 1 wherigo, 5 earth caches, 1 letter box and 1 puzzle. The highlight of the trip was caching with MathSeeker and WoodWalker9 for three days and doing WVTims Gadget Caches. These caches were awesome and we had several of them that had us scratching our heads. Someday when you are bored and have geocaching on the brain look up WVTim on YouTube. He posts some (not all) videos and tutorials on how to create and make his caches. Although it won't be the same as actually finding them in the wild, it still is very entertaining and I might just have to give it a go to create one or two. Thanks Pat and Judy for adopting me for the weekend (or feeling sorry for me because I looked lonely and was homeless) I had a really great time with you both!

Good report. A GeoWoodstock is on my bucket list for sure.

WVTim inspired me to come up with some birdhouse based caches in Searcy. I have one already out. It is based on a couple of WVTim's gadget caches but with a twist. The one I am working on currently is unique (at least in my real world and online world experiences) and requires the help of a programmer friend of mine to write some code to assist with the design. It will be made out of wood so the programming aspect out to create some raised eyebrows.

If you want to see what arkfiremedic is talking about in person, check out For the Birds: Tools
    This space left intentionally.

Looks very interesting! Going to have to get up to that area and check it out! Awesome FTF prize too, by the way!
    Last edited by arkfiremedic; 05-28-2015 at 01:44 PM.

I had a fantastic time caching with Nukeworker and Racquetballgirl at GeoWoodstock in between three days of baseball games in Baltimore. I found 150 caches in the six days with a total of almost 13,000 Favorite Points. If you exclude the lab cache and events, that's an average of almost 100 Favorite Points per cache. WVTim has some awesome gadget caches. Many were a group effort to figure out.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

We had a grand time caching with Clark~Griswold for two full days while running into Mathseeker, Woodwalker, ArkFireMedic, Cfd29, and Mrs. Cfd29 at several events and caches. WVTim caches are amazing, challenging, well-done, and gave us quite an adventure with lots of laughs. At one of the gadget caches we had the pleasure of meeting WVTim. Can't imagine the time and dollars spent while building his creations. Thanks Clark, for tackling all the driving. We had a great time and look forward to GeoWoodstock in Denver next July.
    Last edited by Nukeworker; 05-28-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkfiremedic View Post
    So I'm in and rested up from my trip to GWSXIII. What an adventure. Some of the stats include: an eight day trip totaling 3,130.4 miles that included 3 night caches, 8 events, 3 webcams, 10 lab caches, 10 different states, 83 traditionals, 72 virtuals, 1 wherigo, 5 earth caches, 1 letter box and 1 puzzle. The highlight of the trip was caching with MathSeeker and WoodWalker9 for three days and doing WVTims Gadget Caches. These caches were awesome and we had several of them that had us scratching our heads. Someday when you are bored and have geocaching on the brain look up WVTim on YouTube. He posts some (not all) videos and tutorials on how to create and make his caches. Although it won't be the same as actually finding them in the wild, it still is very entertaining and I might just have to give it a go to create one or two. Thanks Pat and Judy for adopting me for the weekend (or feeling sorry for me because I looked lonely and was homeless) I had a really great time with you both!
    Had a great time teaming up with ArkFireMedic! Thanks for all of the wonderful memories. We will have to do it again!

Glad everyone had a great time. Motivates me even more to try and make next year.