Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cabot Monopoly Series. All good games must come to an end.

Cabot Monopoly Series. All good games must come to an end.

Like all well played games, there must be a winner and the board is packed up and put away. The winners of this game are all the great cachers that have taken the time to find this series of caches that I have hidden.

Monopoly is one of my favorite games of all times and I enjoyed sharing it with everyone. However, I think it is about time for free up the real estate and give other cachers an opportunity to place some hides in the area.

I'm going to make my last maintenance run tomorrow and give the series one more month to give those that haven't made it all the way around the board a chance to do so. I will archive the Cabot Monopoly Series on 04/30/15.

Many thanks to all that have already visited an hunted these caches.

Sincerely

--Razz007

I think the series is great. I like the ones that have a story or a theme!

I am starting to range further and further from home base and love the Monopoly series (and the game, of course) and love the creative twists with the board pieces and physical locations. I'll try to get down there and knock as many out as I can in the next month.
    This space left intentionally.

Well, darn it! I think we have only found one of them and had plans to find some while we work on a ridiculous challenge in May and June. (Mike calls it the "My wife is crazy challenge."). Maybe we will find some time to head up that way in April.

Hopefully you could do better than our little team of two do but it took us about 4.5 hours to run through all but the two that we had both found previously. Tha_Hill laid out the route to minimize backtracking. Of the 43 that we looked for, we only came up with two DNFs that I'm hoping Razz will remedy before the end. If not, I'll probably still be able to sleep at night.

This is a great series. Thank you for putting this pretty sizable run out there.

Here are 2 bits of good news. Bondebond, I will definitely check on those 2 caches you posted the notes on and have them both up and running tomorrow (Saturday). Thanks for letting me know they need some attention,

For St., I'm going to keep the series going one more month and shut it down on 05/31. I had the pleasure to ran into Rock and Canada Team this morning during their daily cache run, and Rock told me about the challenge and the the plans to run up to Cabot. I thought for a moment and decided to keep it going a little while longer to help some my friends out.

I'm only archiving my series to open the area up for other cachers so as not to "monopolize" the area (see what I did just then??) I'm not the least bit tired of maintaining it and it gets good traffic, so what the heck. Another month to help with a challenge would be a great way to finish it out and I'm glad to do it.

Spread the news to all the cachers you know and let me know if the containers need to be replaced and I will take care of them.

Thank you everyone and happy caching!

--Razz

That is fantastic news Chris! Thank you so much for deciding to keep the series up another month. Mike told me about running into you today while picking up a cache. We are going to have to find a lot of caches in May and June and these will definitely help!

Yay! Now I can slow down and space them out too.

Thanks Razz!
    "When life gives you hands...make handmade!"

Thanks for holding out another month. We just haven't gotten up there.... yet.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

I'm going to pretend I didn't hear the part about the date extended so I feel like I need to hurry up and finish them instead of putting it off until the last minute and have to stand in line with everyone else on 5/31... The run we did on it the other night amounted to my biggest single day find total: 40. I know...but I have to start somewhere before I ever go do the E.T. string some year.

But I am very glad you patched things up. I saw the logs when you updated them and did a happy dance (well, not actually but thought about a happy dance). Thanks. Now I can get the whole game board knocked out. Tha_Hill and I are already planning our next run on Cabot to get these two plus the Edumacation series. Between the two of us, we only have two finds in common and so will be hitting up all of the others in that series.

There's some great caching in Cabot. Thanks to all who make it so.
    Last edited by bondebond; 04-06-2015 at 09:34 AM.