Thread: New Linux-based In-car Navigation System

New Linux-based In-car Navigation System

http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS6146656870.html

Have any of you seen this yet? Looks sweet! I'm sure that advertisers will jump all over this if it takes off. Can you imagine looking at your navigation screen and seeing McDonald's, KFC, and Wal-Mart show up on a real-time map?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

grandkid44 Guest
    My wife has a new ride with built in gps. This thing is mind bending. It takes 272 voice commands , responds in a plesant female voice telling when to turn, how much further, and selects routes. All gas stations, motel,hotel,fast food,rr,parks, lakes ,etc. We call our gps voice Audrey{little house of horrors}. We tell Audrey to make reservations at restaurants , hotels ,etc and she takes care of it. She also tells us how far a vehicle is in front of us and automatically adjust brakes and speed.On cruise control she corrects for speed and distance. We drove to indy simply using the steering wheel...brakes and acceleration are hers.She directs us to any specifically programed address . Now ,if she could just do the steering..make the coffee..bring in the paper

Are you driving the NEW Cadillac XLR hard top convertible?
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!