Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spring Break and ET?

Spring Break and ET?

I'm thinking of making a run for the ET Trail during spring break.
    Anyone else interested?... if so, PM me.

The dates I'm looking at are March 21 (early. Or even perhaps leaving late the 20th) and heading back sometime around the 27th.

Wondering what this is? Check out this link.

This will be a comfort light, caching like crazy trip.

- Savoy/Les

I'd be in if I didn't have my wife and daughter plan for me to be on a cruise. I've been wanting to hit that for a long time!

I am interested in doing the ET trail also, but I'm going to MOGA the first weekend and have other plans for the second weekend. Maybe some other time.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

Sorry to hear that - but those sound like fun too.

Looks like there is a 2400-E.T. now, so I'm likely to make a second run at it - esp. if I go by myself this time. Perhaps you guys can catch my second run! I'm planning on taking my jeep, perhaps taking the right door off for an easy jump-in/out if its not too cold.

If its just me, I'll have about 100 replacement caches/logs ready and my stamp, and to it all solo. If we can get two, then I'll drive/nav and stamp while the second person runs. If we can get three, then I'll drive/nav, we'll have a runner and the back seat guy will stamp/replace.

In the Jeep, I'll only have room for three - the rest of the space will be our go-bags and repair box.

CacheiusClay Guest
    what is the ET Trail??

CacheiusClay Guest
    o wait there's a link lol dang I'm dumb

Quote Originally Posted by CacheiusClay View Post
    o wait there's a link lol dang I'm dumb
    No worries... there are some great Youtube videos as well.
    Generally speaking, the E.T. power trail is just north of Los Vegas. Its about a 24 hour (a bit less actually) drive out to the starting point, and a 3-4 day hard core power caching to get most of them (1500 - 2400 caches).

This video was taken about the same time of year I'm hoping to go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHBpB_Oza1E

CacheiusClay Guest
    DaYng! That sounds like quite the feat! Now would be the time to go though before it gets sweltering out there

Man, I would love to go but I don't think I can break free of the gravity surrounding my house. Plus I have to save my scant vacation for a summer mission trip. Ah well. I'll be there in spirit.

We'll, there are aliens out there probably with antigravity devices! If something happens and you can break free, just let me know
    - Savy