Thread: Additional Information Needed on New Cache Submissions

Additional Information Needed on New Cache Submissions

The following represents a change in information that I now require for my review of all geocaches, effective starting today.

At the end of the web form you use to prepare your new cache application, there is a text box for you to write a note to the reviewer. The purpose of this note is to provide me, the reviewer, with pertinent information about your new cache to help in its review so that it is published on Geocaching.com without unnecessary delay. Information provided in this note and elsewhere on the cache page helps me ensure that your new cache meets the Geocache Listing Requirements/Guidelines.

At a minimum, the note should tell me the type of cache container used, where the cache is hidden, and how it is hidden. For example, an adequate note could simply say, “The cache is a small bison tube hanging in a cedar tree.” More detail or information, such as information about permission to place the cache in its location or your maintenance plan, if far from your home, should also be provided, as necessary. Again, this information helps in the review to avoid delays in publishing your new cache. I cannot read minds, so anything about your cache that will help me understand your new hide will be appreciated and help avoid frustration on both of our parts.

Please be aware that if you submit a new cache and you have not provided this information in the reviewer note, I will be placing your new cache on hold and asking you to provide it before I can publish the listing. I appreciate your cooperation on this.

"Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson

Afternoon Chuck "W,"
    We have not received this request from the "Alpine Reviewer" in western Colorado. Is this a "local" AR request or one we should expect in CO?
    Thanks/SJC

SJC,

I cannot answer for your CO reviewers. Your question is best directed to them.

CW
    "Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson

In other words SJC, be glad you don't hide caches in AR anymore....

What was the purpose of that last comment? I don't see any added value to the community. It wasn't funny or helpful and seems like a knock against one of our members.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

Quote Originally Posted by Clark~Griswold View Post
    What was the purpose of that last comment? I don't see any added value to the community. It wasn't funny or helpful and seems like a knock against one of our members.
    It wasn't meant to be helpful... I guess you never had any of Chuck Walla's "self imposed guidelines"
    issued against one of your cache listings or you'd understand the sentiment behind the sarcasm.

Provide the weblink to where Groundspeak has issued this new directive & I'll withdraw my previous comment.

Oh but he didn't say Groundspeak issued it:
    "The following represents a change in information that "I" now require for my review of all geocaches, effective starting today."

Add it to the long list of ChuckWalla rules imposed on AR cachers, that have no basis in Groundspeak reality.

Like how no one can host more than one event within X amount of miles from each other on the same day,
    not even if the hosts are completely unaffiliated from each other.

I'm not trying to start anything, but I'm sure what follows will be a deluge of "we appreciate everything our
    reviewer does", because to some, any job that's a volunteer job is immune to any & all criticism.