Thread: Cache recommendations for Hot Springs?

Cache recommendations for Hot Springs?

I'm headed down there for a late afternoon meeting, but planning on leaving early enough to cache for a few hours beforehand. My meeting is at the Brau Haus, and I'm planning on mainly hitting up downtown for this trip. I also have a couple of trackables to drop.

What are some of the can't miss caches in the area? Hot Springs is my home away from home, but this is my first trip there as a cacher

There are a lot of great geocaches in Hot Springs. I don't have my list, but at the last big SWAG event (Sept.2013?), they had a handout with a long list of what they considered the best caches in the area. Perhaps one of the SWAG members has this list and can post it here. I just hope it's not too late, as you didn't say what day your meeting is (your posting implied yesterday, however!). Good luck!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

It's today at 5:00, but I go to Hot Springs often, so it's never too late

I ran into Floaten today, and he made the suggestion that I do a search and see what's been Favorited the most. I have a few I'm going to look for today

Having just spent time caching in the Hot Springs area we would have found a list of the best caches around there to be extremely useful. Any chance we could get a link to the list that SWAG members shared during their meeting?

I found my copy of the list I mentioned in my initial posting. I've scanned it and attached it to this posting. Unfortunately, it's marked up some as I put lines through those I had already found and circled those I still needed to find. Also, it is over a year old, so some of the caches may not be active anymore. Anyway, hopefully this will help you out. Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Thanks ORR

I was busy all weekend caching. I will get the list updated soon and post it on here.

Here are some list we have. The Top Cache list was from the Swag Event in 2013. The Top Favorite Point caches was a list for a local magazine publication. Some of these may be archived, they have not been updated since probably August.

Our Top Cache Suggestions.doc

TOP FAVORITE POINTS.doc

Thanks Mrs. FFC