Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Where should ArkGeo meet in June of 2016

I 'get' the travel distance issue... but personally, I don't mind a bit of a trip to a state-wide event. I actually like getting out to a place a bit further than I would normally be able to go for a geo-caching event. Having something like a roast the night before (esp. if there is camping) is something I look forward too. I drove the 2+ hours to this year's event because is 'was so close' and ended up driving back and taking my honey to a movie that night. It was an AWESOME day.

Now, we won't be pulling very many 'new to newer' people like this - but we have other events like the SWAG and CAGE CB-Challenge to use as outreach and education events if we want to try and reach out a bit more.

just some thoughts... savy

I spoke with Daisy State Park superintendent today and she is excited to be considered as a location for the next ArkGeo Annual Event. She even has a couple of ideas for our CITO. The use of the pavilion and dry camping would be free with the CITO. I know this may not be important info with so many new ideas, but I am reporting my conversation with her.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

I want to propose the CITO being performed on Saturday. The attendance (self included) diminishes as we travel back home on Sunday or even Saturday night. If there is a place the events committee would like us members to call feel free to contact me. I will call anyone I am asked to contact. I need to know the questions we need answered upon the phone call. This thread has gone on for far to long. Someone needs to pick a place. Not everyone is going to like the venue. As long as it has camping, hotels, and is centrally located to the majority members I don't see how anyone could complain. Us Fat guys want to add air conditioning for at least the meeting portion.

Sorry, sometimes I speak before I think.
    Last edited by perm74; 06-14-2015 at 07:05 AM.

Hey I vote with the fat guys. If no air condition then be sure we need to be sure we have some fans going

He is my 3 cents worth. If there are people camping and staying on Friday night someone can do a meet and greet opening. If we have a main event, a flash mob and CITO after flash mob on sat more people might just stay. Then for those that stay on Sunday you can have see you next year event.

As for me I will say that if the Annual Event is the first Saturday in Jun 2016 I will not make it to any of the events, since there is a family vacation already booked. In regards to a Sunday CITO if the location is more than an hour away it is doubtful that I will be there since I rarely will be doing overnight stays simply because I can't get the rest of the family to come. However I keep trying and who knows maybe one day.

Any chance to get the event closer to NWA in the coming years? There is plenty of lodging/dining in Bentonville/Rogers/Fayetteville as well as camping around Beaver Lake area.

The event was held in Fort Smith and Paris the last two years. The 2016 event is already scheduled for Crater of Diamonds State Park on April 9. We will consider NWA for 2017.

https://www.geocaching.com/seek/cach...g-for-diamonds
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "