Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are you from??

LadyEngineer Guest

Where are you from??

I like to get online and see where members of our association are from. It's cool to see if we are getting new cachers all over the state or just in the central and northeast or from out of state.

However, most new comers to the site don't list their location or some put some kind of funny nickname for their town. I respect everyones privacy and know a lot people don't like to have their information out on the web, but since your real name isn't listed why do so many not put their city or at least their general area (nw ar, sw ar, central ar, etc.)?

Not to be intrusive of your privacy or exclusive of the ones that have listed their location, but I really would like to hear from the people that don't have there information listed. So the ones that have it list please give the others a chance to respond.

Is is privacy or someone that joined but has never come back or someone that is computer skills limited that doesn't know about editting their profile?

Again, I'm just curious.

mountainborn Guest

The Very Center of the universe !

VANDERVOORT, ARKANSAS, THE VERY CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE !

VANDERVOORT, Bless you mountainborn.

Fort Smith signing in here.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

Black Knight Guest
    Hey I have been to Vandervoort a time or two, its a happening place
    Here and there throught the great natural state here.
    West to Central to East, I am there

motexoutlaw Guest
    Rosenberg, TX (35 miles southwest of Houston..
    However 52 of my 431 finds are in Arkansas. Will be in Arkansas in about two weeks and have about 6 Arkansas caches on my list to do on our return trip from St. Louis to Texas with overnights in Wynne and Benton with family.

Pignewton Guest
    Russellville here! Me and a few friends discovered Geocaching about the same time around March I believe. We were looking at GPS units and found the Geocaching website. I found my first cache in April and have been having fun since. Bought a Magellan 300 and I really like it but I HATE putting in all the coords by hand. ACK! I may trade up around Christmas if it gets to be too much of a problem but for now I have a nice callous on my thump to protect me from blisters. Now I just have to worry about carpal tunnel syndrome...

ps. Can someone tell me how to add the GC.com stat profile to my sig?

LadyEngineer Guest
    Bought a Magellan 300 and I really like it but I HATE putting in all the coords by hand. ACK! I may trade up around Christmas if it gets to be too much of a problem but for now I have a nice callous on my thump to protect me from blisters.
    Why trade? Did you get a cable with your GPS that plugs into the computer? If you did then you can easily upload points by using any number of different softwares that are available for little cost. If you didn't I'm pretty sure you can purchase one that goes with you machine. My husband has a very very old Magellen 315 and it didn't come with a computer cord. About 5 months ago I looked into going paperless for both of us and checked with Magellen about a cable. They had one for his model which we ordered and now we can load as many caches as we want in a matter of minutes. It is SOOOOOO worth it. If you need any help, give us a call.

About the other question check out this thread and you will get your answer: http://www.arkgeocaching.org/modules...bb773cb588f183

Quote Originally Posted by Pignewton
    Can someone tell me how to add the GC.com stat profile to my sig?
    Pignewton, take a look at this thread, where southdeltan gives some specific instructions at the bottom of the first page of the thread...

** EDIT ** Oops! LE, beat me to it! Guess my typing is getting slower in my old age...
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Pignewton Guest
    Bleh...I went to the Magellan website and looked at the extended manual for the 300 and there is no mention of a cable for it. I can't see anywhere on the GPSr where a port would be either. It was fairly inexpensive and I was using a Magellan 2000 (old loaner which got me within 50ft on a good day) so I bought it. I didn't have any idea of the amount of time I could save if I had the computer input capability. I do now though! I don't think the direct input is available until the Magellan 400 in the explorist series. And it wasn't out when I bought mine. I friend had bought the 300 for other uses primarily fishing and boating and he let me play with it. The accuracy and satellite aquisition was great so I had to get one. Kinda impulsive but oh well. Thanks for the link on the sig! Still trying to get it to work but I'll figure it out...

firechief1956 Guest
    From Letona, Arkansas here