Thread: Greetings from Kansas City

SteveBrown Guest

Greetings from Kansas City

Hi folks,

I'm Steve Brown and my wife's name is Mary. We currently live in Kansas City, Missouri. We were born and raised in Little Rock. I got an offer from Sprint about 12 years ago and we moved to Kansas City. Sprint has now outsourced my job so I now work for IBM as a Software Engineer still doing the same job for about 12 years now.

Mary and I started caching in June 2000 by placing the first geocache in Missouri.

We are very active with the cachers in Kansas City. We are leaving for a caching trip this coming Friday to Canada and parts in between.

Since we have several caches in Arkansas and Arkansas is really our home, I thought it was about time we join your group. We have and maintain with the help of our son, Scott, and his wife Laura, the following caches in Arkansas:

William J. Clinton Presidential Library
    Arkansas's Little Rock
    Eagle on the Rock
    Dead Center Arkansas
    Jessieville CCC Co. 1739
    Flatside Pinnacle
    USS Razorback Submarine
    Burns Park NIGHT Trail

Since I've never asked, I was wondering if there are any problems with our caches that need our attention?

It's great to have you here, Steve! We have found a couple of the caches that you listed, and have enjoyed them all. Glad you decided to join us! Hope you find lots of caches during your Canada trip. That's a little too far north for me, eh?

You must have started geocaching when it was just getting started. Geocaching has come a long way in five years, huh?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

SteveBrown Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaddiel
    You must have started geocaching when it was just getting started. Geocaching has come a long way in five years, huh?
    Yes we started before there was a geocaching.com. Our first two caches were grandfathered into gc.com when it started.

We have indeed saw a lot of changes with the caching world. Some good, some bad, but caching today is better because of the changes.

Welcome Steve I have inlaws that live in your part of the state and hope to find some of your caches in the KC area soon.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

BACKPACKNJACK Guest

Re: Greetings from Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by SteveBrown
    Hi folks,

I thought it was about time we join your group
    Why, that's just what I was going to say

WELCOME ABOARD!!
    I've been to 4 of the 8 caches you listed. Fact is, my first cache was one of these and one of my favorites (and my sister's "LIL_SISTER") is one of these.

I hope you choose to check-in often because the more post you read here, the more people you find to admire.

SteveBrown Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkansas_stickerdude
    Welcome Steve I have inlaws that live in your part of the state and hope to find some of your caches in the KC area soon.
    Come on up. It would be nice to meet you while you're here.

SteveBrown Guest

Re: Greetings from Kansas City

Quote Originally Posted by BACKPACKNJACK
    I've been to 4 of the 8 caches you listed. Fact is, my first cache was one of these and one of my favorites (and my sister's "LIL_SISTER") is one of these.
    I'm so glad you enjoyed them.

We sure had a good time caching in Arkansas last weekend.