Thread: Samsung Note and using downloaded pocket queries

Question Samsung Note and using downloaded pocket queries

Does anyone cache using their Samsung device? I need a little mentorship about using pocket queries. I can't seem to make them work. I'm tired of using paper,computer and phone. I'd like to drop the paper.

Thanks in advance,
    Angela
    "When life gives you hands...make handmade!"

I do not use a Samsung device but it would be helpful to know if you are trying to open the pocket query in a geo-centric app of some sort or if you trying to open the gpx file without the use of a geo-centric app. By "geo-centric" I mean is intended to open the gpx files. I do have an android tablet on which I have an app called GDAK which is basically GSAK for android. It will download pocket queries from geocaching.com website. There are other apps but this is the only one I know anything about. I only use it as a database for the cache page information.

I don't have a Samsung Note but I do use my Samsung Galaxy S5. Before that I used my S3 and S4. I have not used paper in years and probably never will go back.

In my opinion c:geo is the best app for use on an Android device. I have the official geocaching app, GCDroid, GDAK, and C:Geo. My go to app is C:Geo every time. Second would be GCDroid followed by the official geocaching app and then GDAK. This is obviously my opinion. You should try each and see what you like best. All of these apps can open gpx files.

Once you create a pocket query on geocaching.com you need to place it in the correct directory of your phone. To create a query you have to be a premium member of geocaching.com

You can do that from here. http://www.geocaching.com/pocket/default.aspx

If you choose to use c:geo all you need to do is take the gpx file you downloaded from geocaching.com and save it to you SD Card. At that point you import the gpx directly from the c:geo app to your phone. See instructions. http://appmanualreader.sourceforge.n...o-help-en.html

The gpx file will be uploaded and all the caches in that query will be located in the stored category from the main menu of c:geo.

If you choose to use the official geocaching app it is even easier. http://support.groundspeak.com/index...kb.page&id=461

Thank you both very much!!! I don't know what I was thinking...but,with your advice, it's working great now! Thanks again for your help!

Hugs,
    Ang
    "When life gives you hands...make handmade!"