Thread: Minimum distance requirement

Cool Minimum distance requirement

As a west little rocker, the Rock Creek Trail is a personal goal, and so far, I have found 2 of the 6 between the trailhead and Kohl's. I also realized that this area is home to two very old caches GCKWAB, hidden 10/19/04, and GCP7HP, hidden 6/6/05. I signed the log for one, and began searching for the other. I was not successful, and a lot of it was my confusion over the one that I found and signed.

I'm pretty sure that GKCWAB is the one I found, based on the description, and I signed the wrong log. I'll go back for the other one pretty soon. But I did some googling and found out that the coordinates are about 166 ft apart. I'm assuming that the minimum distance thing is a more recent development, and situations like this have been grandfathered in. I suppose I could look this up, but that seems way too time intensive

On that note, if you're looking for some free tennis balls, there seem to be a bunch near the parking area.

I've been geocaching since 2003 and the separation requirement has been in place at least since then. So maybe the reviewer just missed it. It happens.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Thanks for clearing that up!

As a related discussion, see this Forum thread: http://arkgeocaching.org/showthread....1084#post31084
    "Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson

On that note, I'm thinking of creating a multi, with physical waypoints along the way to provide clues to a log in a final location. The waypoints are all the required distance from other published caches, but in one case, not from each other. Is that allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by cnwilks View Post
    On that note, I'm thinking of creating a multi, with physical waypoints along the way to provide clues to a log in a final location. The waypoints are all the required distance from other published caches, but in one case, not from each other. Is that allowed?
    This is clearly addressed in the Cache Listing Requirements/Guidelines (Section I.1.7):
    ...Additionally, within a single multi-cache or mystery/puzzle cache, there is no minimum required distance between physical elements....
    Another helpful reference is this article in the Help Center. The Help Center is an excellent source of information about geocaching, and will almost always contain the answers to your geocaching questions. So I recommend you check it out!
    "Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson