Thread: TheFab5WillisClan Lost Their House 11/3/14

TheFab5WillisClan Lost Their House 11/3/14

I logged on to Facebook last night to see this horrible bit of news.

TheFab5WillisClan left to pick up their kids from school & came back to find their home in flames.

They're trying to dig thru the debris as we speak to recover family heirlooms,
    but for the most part it was a total loss. Mark even said some clothes they
    recovered, that seemed OK, turned to clothing pulp in a washing machine.

Note from Mark: Thank everyone so much for the prayers and donations.
    Thankfully we were not in the house when it burned so we are all O.K.
    The red cross put us up in a motel for 2 days, and helped out with some
    money for some food and clothing. God is good! He always takes care of
    his people. All things work together for good, to them that love the Lord.

Even though Mark hates to ask for help, Melanie's sister created this donation
    page for everyone willing to chip in & help get them back on their feet. They
    are trying to secure a long term place to stay as they sort everything out.

https://www.giveforward.com/fundrais...ource=facebook

It's probably the best thing to do, so Mark doesn't end up with 50 pairs of shoes.

Geocachers UNITE!
    Last edited by Mickey McGillicutty; 11-04-2014 at 01:05 PM.

110 views & no responses?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey McGillicutty View Post
    110 views & no responses?!?
    I followed the link you posted and submitted a donation which is why I have not responded here. I had Mark's number in my phone but apparently it was his work phone which is no longer valid so I called Razz007 and KSDS to see if they had made contact. I have a son close to the age of Mark's boy and was willing to donate some clothes but I hear they are fine in that department.

Hopefully they can put their life back together in a reasonable amount of time. I can't even imagine what it is like to loose a house.

Thanks for making everyone aware.

Quote Originally Posted by floaten View Post
    I followed the link you posted and submitted a donation which is why I have not responded here. I had Mark's number in my phone but apparently it was his work phone which is no longer valid so I called Razz007 and KSDS to see if they had made contact. I have a son close to the age of Mark's boy and was willing to donate some clothes but I hear they are fine in that department.

Hopefully they can put their life back together in a reasonable amount of time. I can't even imagine what it is like to loose a house.

Thanks for making everyone aware.
    Thanks floaten... yeah I saw you & topkitty on their GiveForward page. I was thinking more people would respond
    or even suggest a local group effort in AR. I live in CA now, so I can't do much from here other than get the word out.

I didn't want to give Mark's number out on the web, but if anyone is looking to get ahold of him,
    PM me & I'll send it to you. His old work # that everyone probably has, doesn't work at the moment.

I'd like to see a Board member respond with suggestions on what the ArkGeo community can do to help.