Thread: ArkGeo Board Meeting October 3, 2014

ArkGeo Board Meeting October 3, 2014

The next Arkansas Geocachers Association Board of Directors Meeting has been scheduled for Friday, October 3, 2014.

Round table discussion is from 6:00 - 6:30 PM. The meeting will start at 6:30 PM and will be held at the University of Central Arkansas in Conway.

All are welcome to attend. If you wish to address the Board at this meeting, we ask that you contact a Board member at least three days prior to the meeting to request a place on the agenda.

The Board meeting will be in the Burdick Hall building, room 218. Coordinates for the building entrance are N35 04.848 W092 27.350.

Anyone wanting to call in and listen to the meeting can do so by calling (857) 216-6700 and enter conference #:244571.

NOTE: This is a long distance telephone call and depending on your telephone service fees may apply for the call.

See ya there!

Any change of getting an agenda posted so people can decide whether or not to attend or call in to the meeting. Thanks.

drmo913 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rklmbl View Post
    Any change of getting an agenda posted so people can decide whether or not to attend or call in to the meeting. Thanks.
    Working on it.
    Most of the agenda this time will be based upon the minutes of the last meeting. There is a lot of unfinished business to work through.

Any thoughts from anyone to new business?

drmo913 Guest
    Board Agenda Link:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Text version to follow.

Suggestions of things to add?

Please note, this agenda isn't finalized and is a dynamic document.

drmo913 Guest
    Board Agenda
    (Format from Google Docs does not flow exactly. Please click the link above for clarification)
    As previously stated, the agenda is open to suggestions.

ArkGeo Board MeetingAgenda for October 3, 2014

Immediate Past President: Kent Uhrich
    President: Morgan O’Neal
    Executive Vice-President: Rich Swanson
    Treasurer/Secretary: Judy Vaughn
    Website Manager: Kevin Cackler

ROUND-TABLE DISCUSSION (6:00-6:30) Start conference call recording

Open Discussion

CALL TO ORDER (6:30) ROLL CALL OF MEMBERS PRESENT
    Board Members present:
    Visitors Present:

OFFICER REPORTS

• [*=-1]President's Report:

• [*=-1]Treasurer's Report:

• [*=-1]Website Manager's Report:

COMMITTEE/OTHER REPORTS

• [*=-1]Election Committee:
      Linda Tredway, Board Liaison

Special Election

• [*=-1]Fund Raising Committee:

Judy Vaughn, Board Liaison
    ArkGeo Coins

• [*=-1]Community Relations Committee:
      Kent Uhrich, Board Liaison

Teaching Opportunities
    CITO Opportunities? (as a lead in to the events committee)

• [*=-1]Events Committee:

Sandy Fryer, Board Liaison
    2015 Annuel Event
    Arkansas Challenge Event
    ArkGeo Meet And Greets
    CITO Opportunities?

• [*=-1]Membership Relations Committee:

Morgan O’Neal, Board Liaison
    Membership Roll Cleanup
    Cache of the Year
    Newsletter

UNFINISHED BUSINESS

I. ArkGeo coins, Arkansas Challenge, 2015 State Event, Cache of the Month\Year (Items moved to Committee Reports Agenda)

1. Bylaws & Standing Rules Proposed Revisions

1. Thoughts From The Forums
      2. Thoughts From the Board Members
      3. Recommendations To Proceed

2. Communication
    3. Clarksville Meeting Location Confirmed?

NEW BUSINESS

1. ArkGeo Sponsered/Hosted Mega Event (Forum Suggested)

Next board meeting - January 09, 2015 (In Clarksville)
    Following board meeting – April 10, 2015
    Following board meeting – July 11, 2015 (Joint Meeting of New/Old Board Members)
    Last edited by drmo913; 09-21-2014 at 07:31 PM.

I plan on being in attendance as of now. If I leave Ozark at 5 I should be able to make it by 6:30 *fingers crossed. Is the roundtable discussion at 6 p.m. just a fancier way of saying sitting around and chatting? or?
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.

drmo913 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by guwisti View Post
    I plan on being in attendance as of now. If I leave Ozark at 5 I should be able to make it by 6:30 *fingers crossed. Is the roundtable discussion at 6 p.m. just a fancier way of saying sitting around and chatting? or?
    Hurrah!
    Round table discussion is usualy just the chatting. It is the time that is reserved for the general membership to have a say upon any subject, but we've not had anyone schedule a time in a long time.

In the future before time runs out for members to add their thoughts to the agenda or state that they will be in attendance could the link for the agenda and the meeting announcement also be shared out on our FB page. Not to take away from the forums or the posting here because that's obviously protocol and required, but there are many folks who never visit the forums. I just feel like why have a FB page if we're not going to utilize it for ideas and announcements from and to the general membership. Just my two thoughts.
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.