Thread: GPS Device Helps Catch Crook

GPS Device Helps Catch Crook

I got this off the AP wire today:

CINCINNATI - Police say modern technology foiled an old-fashioned bank robbery. A teller placed an electronic Global Positioning System device in a bag of stolen money, allowing police to track down a suspect in just 42 minutes Thursday.
    ADVERTISEMENT

"Around here (GPS) is still relatively rare," Hamilton County sheriff's office spokesman Steve Barnett said. "But with the advancement in technology and the continued success of catching bank robbers, soon I would hope that other financial institutions would jump on board."

Authorities said that after William Ingram, 46, left a U.S. Bank in suburban Colerain Township, the GPS device tracked him to a car dealership in Hartwell, where he was returning a Honda that he had borrowed for a test drive but actually used as a getaway car.

When Ingram was confronted, money began spilling from his pockets, officials said.
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

RuffRidr Guest

Re: GPS Device Helps Catch Crook

This must have been something similar to a lo-jack, where the device "phones home" its coordinates.

--RuffRidr

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddiel
    I got this off the AP wire today:

CINCINNATI - Police say modern technology foiled an old-fashioned bank robbery. A teller placed an electronic Global Positioning System device in a bag of stolen money, allowing police to track down a suspect in just 42 minutes Thursday.
    ADVERTISEMENT

"Around here (GPS) is still relatively rare," Hamilton County sheriff's office spokesman Steve Barnett said. "But with the advancement in technology and the continued success of catching bank robbers, soon I would hope that other financial institutions would jump on board."

Authorities said that after William Ingram, 46, left a U.S. Bank in suburban Colerain Township, the GPS device tracked him to a car dealership in Hartwell, where he was returning a Honda that he had borrowed for a test drive but actually used as a getaway car.

When Ingram was confronted, money began spilling from his pockets, officials said.

sancho Guest
    So when you find a cache like that what is the proper trade? let's see this travel bug and a pocket knife for those two stacks of money.

I would trade 2 TB for 2 stacks of money.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!