The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought Jason and Lisa Nuckols aka jclaudii and southerngirl should be the next cachers to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name? jclaudii (but now it's combined with my wife's so we are jclaudii and southerngirl)

How did you choose your handle? I have used this handle most my life since childhood as "Claudy" was one of my nicknames growing up.

How long have you been geocaching? A few days after Christmas in 2006, had to try out the new GPS my awesome wife got me!

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it? My first cache was "Buzzard Bluff" up in the NFS above Hector. We had a Jeep back then and loved to go on roads that were not traveled often. This was a great trip as I got lucky and it ended up being an Ammo Can. I know the log said it contained a $100 dollar bill, so this being my first cache thought "wow some rich people play this game". It turned out to be a giant toy $100 bill, but it got us addicted to this game. I hope to one day put some new caches out in this area.

Who usually goes with you when you go caching? My wife and our 3 kiddos

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up? Depends on the temp and the mood the kids are in but usually less than 20 minutes per section

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in? We love caching in and around our Home of Russellville, but we love the NFS caches the most as it gets us out of town and into nature.

Do you do paperless caching? Yes but we do write notes in a notebook.

What kind of geocaching rig do you use? A Magellan Explorist GC and our Andorid Phones

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching? Geocaching is a family friendly activity that can be done almost anytime after the initial purchase of a GPS or Smart Phone App and is very easy on the pocketbook. And the kids love "finding treasure" almost everywhere we would normally go anyway so it is great!

Where are you originally from? I grew up in Murfreesboro, AR but I was born in Arlington, TX.

In what states have you geocached? I can only claim Missouri with actual finds.

What was your first event ever attended? Clarksville or Cacheville

How many caches have you found? 684

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest? Has to be a large ammo can or other large container with swag!

What was the most famous cache that you have found? I don't think we have found a famous cache yet.

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries? Both, but prefer rechargeable.

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby? Finding, It's fun to see all the hard work that goes into some of the caches!

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide? To make it fun and not a typical park and grab.

What is you favorite type of cache hide? Caches that have thought put into them and are out of the city. It is getting harder for cachers to place in the National Forest, but finding ammo cans in the woods is what it is all about!

Out of all your hides, what are your personal favorites that you take pride in? Liquid Logic and Perception, both are not complex, but almost everyone who has searched for it goes on an adventure and tells about it in their logs. It's very rewarding to have several paragraphs from the cachers instead of a simple "easy park and grab tftc".

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh? I have to believe there is no perfect ratio, but what a cacher feels he/she has time to maintain. With everything else we have going on in our lives we have time for the few we currently have.

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby? My wife got me a Garmin GPS Map 60c for Christmas and I went that night and loaded up a few geocaches on it and printed off some info for the next day.

What's your favorite geocache? My favorite cache is one I have not even been to yet but have tried several times with something new always preventing us from getting it. The cache is "Blue Hole" up above Hector http://coord.info/GCGP2T To give you an idea of the kind of trouble we run into when we attempt this one check out one of our attempts at how friday caching went.

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching? Everywhere, If we did not have to worry about money my family and I would see all the places in the U.S. and grab caches all along the way! Imagine all the lessons one could learn by traveling all over the country and seeing the places history occurred instead of just reading about it in a textbook. And the bonus would be we could grab a cache there!

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group? With my family

How many First to Finds do you have? I really don't know, so I added them up in GSAK and it says 17

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications? Our mileage is set to 30 mile radius, but we usually only go if we have other business close to the cache.

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching?
We like to camp and hike, kayak, swim and farm and gardening.