Thread: Recommendations for the Location of a New Virtual Cache

Recommendations for the Location of a New Virtual Cache

As a Community Volunteer Reviewer, I received a Virtual Reward cache from Geocaching HQ, awarded to my player account. I have been thinking about places in Arkansas where it might be nice to have a virtual cache. I have come up with three or four possibilities on my own, but I am curious as to what others might think would be a good location for a new virtual cache. I am sure there are lots of places in Arkansas that I don't know about or maybe have not thought about. So I am starting this thread to get your recommendations.

I would like to get your input within 2 weeks (by Sept. 10), as I would like to move forward with my virtual ASAP. So post your recommendations to this thread soon! I am not promising that I will use any of the recommendations made in this thread, but I might do so! I just want to consider options other than the places I am thinking about, to make sure I didn't miss a super great spot.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Just as an FYI, since you don't do facebook. Ted Spears, GPSCOWBOY1, said he received an email and he would probably put his around the Buffalo National River Area. There are a lot of good places in Arkansas, would be nice if there was a special really amazing place for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfishingcachers View Post
    ... the Buffalo National River Area.
    I had thought about that area, like Hemmed-In-Hollow Falls. Pretty neat place. But I am torn between putting one in a place that will take some physical effort to get to, and one that is more wheelchair-accessible / family friendly. Decisions, decisions, ...

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Hawksbill Crag / Whitaker Point would be an amazing location for a Virtual cache. I know there are restrictions in the area but they may allow a rare virtual.
    Or typical locations like the State Capitol, Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site, Clinton Library, Christ of the Ozarks, Razorback Stadium, Walton five & dime, or Crystal Bridges.
    I'm sure it will be a tough decision.

As much as we love a good hike to see beautiful scenery and maybe gain one smiley, we think the history of Arkansas might make a great virtual. Maybe a 2-3 stage multi virtual highlighting the capitol, Little Rock Central, and the Clinton Library (?). As Sanders Sooners pointed out, NW AR also has some fun stops along with history.

Congrats to all who have received a Virtual Cache. We are excited to see where they all land and what they highlight throughout the world.

Johnny Cash's boyhood home in Dyess AR might be an interesting spot. Very surprised that there aren't any caches already there. I haven't been there, So not sure if the location is deserving of a Virtual Reward.
    Might need to be on the list but might not be at the top.
    (crazy that it took me several attempts to type "Cash" instead of "Cache")

I would suggest someplace that an physical cache can't be placed due to restrictions or muggles. Hot Springs National Park maybe, although there are several already in and around it. Maybe a multi that includes all the bathhouse. Another place is around the state capital grounds using the various monuments. Thanks for asking.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

Thanks for the suggestions! Watch for it to come out before the end of the month!