Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bylaws and Standing Rules

Bylaws and Standing Rules

It's been brought forward that we, as ArkGeo, should review our Bylaws and Standing Rules. We would like to open up this thread as an invitation to all members for recommendations to changes, deletions or additions to the either of the Bylaws or the Standing Rules. Any and all thoughts and suggestions will be considered. Also, there has been discussion of a committee being put together temporarily to help with any and all changes to the Bylaws and Standing rules. If you would be interested, please say so! We'd love to have your input.

Bylaws

Standing Rules

Thanks!
    (Posted by Morgan O'Neal under the ArkGeo account name)

Both documents are locked. I assume that was intentional. I've never looked at the Bylaws or Standing Rules and was interested to see them. I've requested permission. Thanks

Morgan posted the private links it looks like. You can see the Bylaws at http://arkgeocaching.org/index.php?pageid=bylaws and the Standing Rules at http://arkgeocaching.org/index.php?p...standing_rules

Kevin, The link to the bylaws works, but the link to the page with the Standing Rules is blank.

Looks like Google docs was screwing up. The rules are showing up now.

drmo913 Guest
    Thanks for helping Kevin.

sorry guys. Wasn't trying to keep secrets.

Appreciate it. Thanks

Standing rules is blank for me as well.

But without bothering reading them my suggestion is that the committees actually meet once a month. Even if it's by conference call. Currently a few people are doing everything. Allow other committee members to participate, give ideas, lead. Allow the membership to "host" things without jumping through a ton of hoops. It should be simpler than we are making it. The events committee should be easy to contact if someone from the general membership wants to run with an idea. The committee member contacted should have a required due date of seven days (just like the reviewer) to get back to the general member on approval for using arkgeo or denial. Seven days is plenty of time to contact the appropriate board members. If seven days can't be accommodated, at times it will happen, the committee owes it to the general member to give them a reason for the hold up. With over 100 people that have logged in over the past two years I am sure we as a group can do a much better job reaching our organization goals. If the committee members aren't participating in the committee that they signed up for than they need to be removed to allow other active organization members to participate for the betterment of our organization. Board members have some accountability and I feel committee members should have the same expectations. My two cents.

drmo913 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by perm74 View Post
    But without bothering reading them my suggestion is that the committees actually meet once a month. Even if it's by conference call. Currently a few people are doing everything. Allow other committee members to participate, give ideas, lead. Allow the membership to "host" things without jumping through a ton of hoops. It should be simpler than we are making it. The events committee should be easy to contact if someone from the general membership wants to run with an idea. The committee member contacted should have a required due date of seven days (just like the reviewer) to get back to the general member on approval for using arkgeo or denial. Seven days is plenty of time to contact the appropriate board members. If seven days can't be accommodated, at times it will happen, the committee owes it to the general member to give them a reason for the hold up. With over 100 people that have logged in over the past two years I am sure we as a group can do a much better job reaching our organization goals. If the committee members aren't participating in the committee that they signed up for than they need to be removed to allow other active organization members to participate for the betterment of our organization. Board members have some accountability and I feel committee members should have the same expectations. My two cents.
    Thanks, John.
    Excellent thoughts.