Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ArkGeo Board Meeting, July 11, 2014

ArkGeo Board Meeting, July 11, 2014

Sorry for the delay in getting this posted!

The next Arkansas Geocachers Association Board of Directors Meeting has been scheduled for Friday, July 11, 2014.

The meeting will start at 6:00 PM and will be held at the University of Central Arkansas in Conway.

All are welcome to attend. If you wish to address the Board at this meeting, we ask that you contact a Board member at least three days prior to the meeting to request a place on the agenda.

The Board meeting will be in the Burdick Hall building, room 218. Coordinates for the building entrance are N35 04.848 W092 27.350.

Anyone wanting to call in and listen to the meeting can do so by calling (857) 216-6700 and enter conference #:244571.

NOTE: This is a long distance telephone call and depending on your telephone service fees may apply for the call.

See ya there!

NOTE: The call in number has changed. New number is listed above.

drmo913 Guest
    Thanks Judy!
    The agenda:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

I'm sorry for it being posted so late.
    If anyone has thoughts to what you would like to see addressed, please post and comment.

It appears to me that there is a lack of understanding of the responsibilities of the ArkGeo Board members, and particularly those of the officers (who is supposed to do what and when), based upon recent postings by the new, old, and previous Board members, as well as comments that Board members have made to me over the last several months.

Therefore,
    I recommend that every Board member - old AND new - take a few minutes to read the ArkGeo Bylaws and Standing Rules, particularly with regard to the responsibilities of the Association's officers as well as the rules for Board meetings and communication. Then, this should be discussed at the Board meeting, so that EVERYONE has clear a understanding and focus. This will help out the new Board members, as part of their orientation, as I am sure they have a lot of questions and are trying to figure out their roles on the Board.

This discussion by the Board as part of the meeting may also identify changes which need to be made to the Bylaws and Standing Rules, based upon experience and practice, which will feed into another item already on the agenda.

"Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

drmo913 Guest
    Thanks for the feedback, Frank.
    I'll add it to my list to read and review before the meeting. I'll add it to the agenda as well.

3 days notice to attend if you're not a board member or want an item on the agenda... yet they would have had to contact someone the same day this posted. :/

I really wish I could attend this meeting, especially since it would be my first one, lots of important stuff to discuss, however I have my nephew this weekend and will be picking him up Friday evening. And while I feel awful to miss out on the meeting and to help out with things. I am very happy in the fact that I will get to have my favorite little man all weekend and take him geocaching, because he LOVES geocaching!

Some thoughts I have: Board Liaisons...I think we need Liaisons between the two, but it makes more sense to me to have the liaison be the committee chair. Because otherwise you have committee making decisions, committee chair passing that on to board liaison and then board liaison passing that on to board. It seems unnecessary. Whereas, it seems much simpler to have the committee chair report back to the board and then the committee. I understand if the board doesn't want the committee chair to be a voting board member and they wouldn't have to be. But at least they could directly communicate with the board what their committee wants to do. Just a thought.

Again, I'm sorry I'm already shirking my board responsibilities. But, I am pretty happy to have the kiddo. Look forward to reading the minutes!

Oh! I need some arkgeo pathtags! Do we still have some? I gave mine to the recent German geocacher visitor to our state "longtomsilver". Seemed the least I could do since he brought Chris' TB all the way from Germany to Fayetteville.
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.

Some other things I noticed while viewing the agenda...just a heads up...but

Oct. 10th is the Friday of Oklahoma's Fall Fest weekend. I know myself and perhaps another board member are planning on being there. Not saying the date needs to change, just letting everyone be aware.

Also, the next meeting date, January 9th....is the Friday before Cash Cache Dash Bash. I know alot of folks come down that Friday and stay the night to get a jump on the dash that next morning in Paris.

Something to consider.
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.

Sharon just told me she doesn't have any pathtags and doesn't know if the organization has any more. That might need to go on the agenda. To reorder our existing tag design. They make a great giveaway to someone who is visiting from out of the state/country. And we'll always have new members and Arkansas Geocachers who might like to purchase. Well, that and I gave my only one away! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by guwisti View Post
    That might need to go on the agenda. To reorder our existing tag design.
    You guys should have a design contest & make a new batch!

I'm all for making a new design with a contest!.....as long as we reorder the current one as well! ha ha! But yes, reorder existing design on agenda and then a contest for a new design sounds great! Did we ever get anywhere with the back design to raise money for the organization? If so the new back design on a new design would be spiffy.

The Arkansas Back design was approved. Need someone who can design it.