The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought Kristie Boucher Moore aka Guwisti should be the next cacher to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name?

Guwisti

How did you choose your handle?

It is my other name.

How long have you been geocaching?

Since Feb. 26th, 2010. I had looked unsuccessfully for one for about a week before that.

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it?
Well, as mentioned above I had tried unsuccessfully to find a couple before I did find one. I finally found my first cache while on my lunch break and it was GC1GQ4W - Semi Turn on the top of Log Town Hill there in Van Buren. As soon as my husband Chris, (Pizzaboy2600) got home I said, we gotta go find you a cache!

Who usually goes with you when you go caching?

Most of the time it is actually my mom (cacher with no name). She loves going Geocaching! And then I probably go caching just as much with my husband PB. And our nephew Agalisiga (real name and caching name) also loves to go caching when he stays with us or when we visit him. We recently converted his dad into geocaching too! Finally!

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up?

Puzzles hurt my head. Seriously. Chris and I surprised everyone by getting a FTF on a puzzle a couple of years ago. Triangulation = great. Puzzle puzzles = usually puzzled. I'll look at them and if it doesn't come to me in a few minutes I might not ever look at it again. Just depends.

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in?

We love caching in our home areas of western Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma....but I think we love caching when we travel the most. It helps us find cool spots we never would have seen, local places to eat, etc. New Orleans was a blast, and North Carolina is just gorgeous.

Do you do paperless caching?

Yes, in the way that you mean it. But I usually keep a small memo book and write down the caches we get in order, plus a word or two to help me remember any interesting things that happened along the way. Especially if we're doing a run.

What kind of geocaching rig do you use?
I'm a proud iPhone - Groundspeak app user! I have a Garmin...do I use my Garmin?...ehh.

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching?

Get out and see the world in a new way! Discover new things! Drive the back roads, roll down your windows, sing your little heart out, moo at the cows and sign logs along the way...what could be more fun?!?!

Where are you originally from?

I was born in ElDorado, KS and spent half of my formative years there and half in Claremore, OK. I'm a KansOkie.

In what states have you geocached?

13 states. AR, OK, KS, MO, IN, KY, LA, IL, NC, TN, MS, SC, TX

What was your first event ever attended?
The first event I ever attended was my own! I wanted to meet local cachers so PB and I hosted a Flashmob event. GC26J7Q - Stand! WWFM VII. This event was also my first cache "hide". We danced to the song Stand by R.E.M. Well, like 3 of us danced....the rest stood and laughed at us. If ya wanna meet folks be proactive!

How many caches have you found?

1638 as of June 30th, 2014...hoping to get to 2000 by the end of the year. I tend to get out and cache more in the cooler months.

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest?

BIG ONES! I love getting to root around in a cache. But also Virtuals, I LOVE Virtuals, especially since most of them are historically themed.

What was the most famous cache that you have found?

VIEW CARRE' - GCE02C in New Orleans. We had asked ArkGeo members about caches to do while on our honeymoon there and several folks mentioned this cache. The cache is now archived but has 851 favorites! It was at the top of a business building. We met an employee at the desk and rode the elevator all the way to the top and then you rode the service elevator above that. The cache was in an old trunk and was stuffed to the gills with items. Then the worker would lead you out on to the roof and you could see all of New Orleans pretty much, definitely an awesome view of the French Quarter. The cache owner was busy that day, but his employee worked at the art museum during Katrina and he told us stories for about an hour up on that roof. About bringing the artwork out of the museum under armed guard. Other stories as well, stuff that the news doesn't tell you.

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries?

Disposable in my GPSr, but I don't use it very often.

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby?

Both really. I like to find definitely....but reading cache logs, especially on that first day when they start rolling in, is pretty awesome too.

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide?

I try to have the cache placed at a cool location, usually historical. But I have some that are just out there to be out there.

What is your favorite type of cache hide?

Something that takes me to either a pretty place, a unique place, or some place historical. I like them all to be honest though.

Out of all your hides, what are your personal favorites that you take pride in?

I like to host events and I like to think that people enjoy themselves. I also like my letterbox caches because I enjoy handcarving the stamps.

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh?

Ehh. I don't know. I think cache hiding is cyclical, much like fishing in a lake. There seems to be some stagnant time, then some turnover time, then a crop of new cachers and caches. I think to each their own.

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby?

I had read about it in a librarian journal, before I ever found one. I signed up for an account, but then didn't find one until about a year later.

What's your favorite geocache?

I can't pick just one...seriously?
Favorite Puzzle - GC2D90K - Raining Letters in Louisville, KY
Favorite Virtual - Tie between GC84C0 - Top of the Smokies Virtual Picture Cache outside of Cherokee, NC or GCGFHX - Marie LaVeau, Voodoo Queen in New Orleans, LA.
Favorite Multi - View Carre in New Orleans, LA
Favorite Earthcache - GC17N7Z - Selenite Crystal Earthcache in TN.
Favorite Webcam - GCA4C4 - Ghostcam Cache in Evansville, IN
Too many others to pick from.

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching?
Um, if money was no object I would like to cache EVERYWHERE! If I won the lotto, I wouldn't go out buying a whole bunch of stuff. Stuff is yuck. I would travel and see the world!

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group?

I much prefer caching with someone, at least one other someone. Big group, not so much.

How many First to Finds do you have?

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications?

I was at first. Now it's almost gotta be in the same town for me to go out. But I have my notifications set to 50 miles...I think, whatever is the farthest I can set it. And that's because we stay in Tahlequah a bunch and I like to try and get FTF's up there with our nephew.

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching?

Fishing, Camping, Reading.