Thread: Great Arkansas River Cleanup

Great Arkansas River Cleanup

It looks like Keep Arkansas Beautiful is going to try and hold their statewide effort to cleanup area waterways on Sept. 6th this year. If you or your area's group think this is something you'd be interested in please contact your nearest affiliate and let them know you'd like to help by hosting a CITO and getting area geocachers to help in their effort! List of affiliates is available here. http://www.keeparkansasbeautiful.com/index.php/communities/keep-america-beautiful-affiliates I believe they do alot of these waterway cleanups by boat/kayak if you have those available to you, but I'm sure cleaning up along banks is appreciated and needed as well.
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.

Lake Dardanelle State Park is hosting their Fourth Annual Arkansas River Clean-Up Day on National River Clean-Up Day, Saturday, July 5th. Geocachers will have a chance to help out with this and give back to our state parks by attending the associated CITO event --

I hope to see lots of geocachers there!

"Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen