Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: April 2014 Board Meeting Minutes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    167

    April 2014 Board Meeting Minutes

    ArkGeo Board Meeting
    Minutes for April 11, 2014


    Immediate Past President: Chris Denton
    President: Kent Uhrich
    Executive Vice-President: Morgan O’Neal
    Treasurer/Secretary: Judy Vaughn
    Website Manager: Kevin Cackler

    ROUND-TABLE DISCUSSION (6:00-6:30) Start conference call recording
    Open Discussion

    CALL TO ORDER (6:30) ROLL CALL OF MEMBERS PRESENT
    Board Members present: Chris Denton, Kent Uhrich, Judy Vaughn, Sandy Fryar, Linda Tredway (call in)
    Visitors: Jim Fryar, Sharon Simmons, Kim Uhrich and Pat Vaughn

    OFFICER REPORTS

    President's Report: by Kent Uhrich
    Goal 1 - Membership -- Increase registered voters by 20% by 5/31/13.

    Owner: Kent Uhrich
    Status – 04/11/14 As of 01/14/14 there were 282 registered voters. We have 285 registered voters need 53 more registered voters to meet this goal.

    Goal 2 - Fund Raising – Implement 2 fund raising initiatives to raise $350.00 by 5/31/14
    Owner: Judy Vaughn
    Status – 10/11/13

    Goal 3 – Events – Hold 1 general membership meeting by 6/15/14.
    Owner Sandy Fryar
    Status – 01/15/14 Event is planned June 7, 2014 at Janet Huckabee Arkansas River Valley Nature Center in Ft. Smith Arkansas

    Goal 4 – Events – Hold 2 CITO events by 6/15/14. – Owner Kent Uhrich
    Status – 01/15/14 1 CITO event planned on June 8, 2014 at State meet.

    Goal 5 – Events – Hold 2 ‘Eat & Greets’ by 6/15/14 in the following regions of the state:
    NW – Planned on this date this location – Owners Morgan and Kent
    NE – Planned on this date this location – Owners Linda and Chris
    Central – Planned on this date this location – Owners Mark and Judy
    SE – Planned on this date and this location – Owners Ron and Jim
    SW – Planned on this date and this location – Sandy and Ron
    Status – 01/15/14
    1 event held in Central in Nov
    1 event held in SE in Nov
    1 event held in SW in Feb

    Goal 6 – Teaching Opportunities. Teach Geocaching at 4 locations around the state by 5/31/14.
    Owner: Community Relations Committee - Kent Uhrich
    Status – 10/11/13 July 18 ArkGeo taught at East Lab.
    Status - 01/12/14 Nov ArkGeo attended the GIS event in Little Rock.
    Status - 04/11/14 – Feb ArkGeo helped Lake Ouachita State Park in teaching a Geocaching Workshop.

    This format should keep our goals and progress out in the open and help keep us accountable.


    Treasurer's Report:
    Arkansas Geocachers Association Statement of Income and Expenses
    for January 17, 2014 – April 11, 2014

    Prepared by Judy Vaughn, Secretary/Treasurer


    Beginning Balance
    $1,820.88
    INCOME:
    Fundraising
    $ 0.00
    TOTAL Income
    $ 0.00
    EXPENSES:
    0.00
    TOTAL Expenses
    $ 0.00
    Closing Balance
    $1,820.88


    NOTE:
    PayPal Balance
    $ 315.95
    Checking Balance
    $1,820.88
    TOTAL in Checking & PayPal
    $2,136.83


    $20.00 in Merchandise bank bag

    Taxes: e-Postcard filed with the IRS


    Website Manager's Report: No report



    COMMITTEE/OTHER REPORTS
    Election Committee: submitted by board liaison, Chris Denton

    The election committee has been busy in the past quarter selecting nominees for the upcoming board election. Several people were asked to run for one of the three spots opening up this year. We heard back from almost all members asked, and received yes from 7 members.

    The election committee recommends the following 7 members to be on the ballot for this years election.
    Guisiti – Kristie Moore
    Flyfishingcachers – Sharon Simmons
    paladinds1961(KSDS97) - David Solomon
    Razorback01 – Jackie Hefley
    Griswolds - Rich Swanson
    Savoy - Les Williams
    jclaudii - Jason Nuckols


    Fund Raising Committee
    : Judy Vaughn, Board Liaison
    The Fund Raising Committee discussed various fund raising ideas:
    Pathtag Back Designs
    Raffle items at the Annual Meeting Event
    Ordering more tye dye t-shirts

    Community Relations Committee:
    Kent Uhrich, Board Liaison
    Pat V. of the Community Relations Committee attended the Lake Quachita State Park workshop for Geocaching.

    The workshop covered topics such as:
    What is Geocaching and how it is played
    How are caches hidden
    What are TB’s
    Covered some sample geocaches
    Actually found two geocaches

    Other members present was Judy V.

    Events Committee: Sandy Fryer, Board Liaison
    The Annual event planning is going well. The committee has the schedule complete except for filling the 11 am slot. They are searching for a guest speaker or other activity. They did ask for suggestions from the membership if there are any.

    The plan at this point is to hold a different type of Camo Contest by hiding the caches near the location of the Event. It is felt that this would give the creator and owner of the cache a better chance to highlight their cache. Other random activities are in the works.

    The Hotdog roast and campout is still TBA, the committee is awaiting a callback from Springhill Park and will soon have more information on this. The committee requested permission from the board to rent a pavilion if necessary.

    The Annual CITO that will follow on Sunday is going well. They requested that the members that are planning on assisting with this CITO bring gloves, trash bags, pinchers, and any other item that would make the work easier.

    Event Committee member guwisti has started a thread to assist the committee members is soliciting donations. They asked for the board to clarify on "who's role" it is to solicit donations and prizes on behalf of the organization in connection with the Annual Event.

    The upcoming Fall Arkansas Challenge is in the works. An area of United Forest Service is the hoped area for this Event. They are currently contacting UFS offices and will report as soon as they have anything solid.


    Membership Relations Committee
    : Morgan O’Neal, Board Liaison
    Selected Arkansas Geocachers to profile on the ArkGeo website:
    February - Ken and Sue Hayes aka Nukeworker and Racquetball Girl
    March - Glynn and Sharon Simmons aka Flyfishingcachers
    April - Jackie Hefley aka Razorback01


    UNFINISHED BUSINESS

    I. Possibility of selling ArkGeo coins on Ebay. (Kent Uhrich)
    1 coin sold for a total of $18.00
    Kent will try to list more coins on ebay.

    II. Arkansas Challenge – Events Committee will make recommendation to the board

    III. 2015 State Event
    Location ? Should be where the most members can attend

    IV. Cache of the Month/Year
    Kent will send the guidelines to the Membership Committee for review.
    Membership committee to review requirements and make recommendations.

    V. Ideas to get members to register to vote
    To vote win a Arkgeo coin (Bronze)
    Add to newsletter and send emails about voting

    VI. New fundraisers ideas:
    Raffle at the Annual Meeting Event
    Motion by Chris Denton with Second by Sandy Fryar: Allow Fund Raising Committee to have a raffle during the 2014 Annual Meeting Event. Fund Raising Committee will work with the Events Committee to obtain items for the raffle. Motion Carried.
    Tye Dye T-shirts
    Motion by Kent Uhrich with Second by Linda Tredway: Give permission for the Fund Raising Committee to spend $300 on more Tye Dye t-shirts. Motion carried.
    Pathtag Back Design
    Motion made by Sandy Fryar with Second by Chris Denton: For Fund Raising Committee to go forward with the Pathtag Back Design with basic one color logo. Motion Carried.

    VII. ArkGeo Phone list - no update

    NEW BUSINESS

    I. ArkGeo Goals - discuss committee charters

    II. Opportunities for members
    Post in forums
    Serve on Committees
    Volunteer Opportunities

    III. Election Committee
    Chris Denton will serve as chairperson starting July 1.

    IV. Paying for State Events
    Offering the packages at this time is not cost effective. It would also have adverse effect on fund raising.

    V. Game and Fish Commission
    Kent Uhrich made contact. Permits should be available by the end of 2014 or 1st quarter of 2015.


    Next board meeting July 11, 2014
    Following board meeting – October 10, 2014
    Following board meeting – January 09, 2015

    Adjourn

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Van Buren
    Posts
    132
    Under New Business IV. How would offering packages at State events have an adverse effect on fundraising? I would think raising funds would have a beneficial effect on fundraising.
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Van Buren
    Posts
    132
    Ok. Found it in here. Our next board meeting is July 11th? I haven't seen anything posted or been sent anything to let me know this. Can someone verify that this is actually when the meeting is? Also something to let me know where and what time would be great. As a new board member I do not know these things. Thank you!
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •