Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CAGE Cache Bash V - planning

OK, I saw a lot more hands that meeting then this
    Regardless, i really appreciate those who said they would help....

I've made contact with both possible venues this last weekend. As soon as I hear back from them on a few of the bits-and-bobs we discussed I'll put what I've got pulled together in an email, and then we can talk about our a quick planning meeting... taking the rest of this off-line until the event day.

Very excited!!!

- Savoy

I can help if it is in North Little Rock.
    I use multi-billion dollar military satellites to find Tupperware in the woods, what's your hobby?

Thanks buddy... I'm working with the agencies of two locations at the moment. The first one to let me lock the event 'wins'! Right now its between NLR Parks and the Ouachita forest folks. I'll let know now one way or another how it works out very soon!

OK... its official. We decided early one, the first of the possible locations that would work with us to 'lock in' a site would be THE ONE this year. I heard from the FS today that they would be willing to work with us on the event at Lake Sylvia. This is going to be an AWESOME more traditional venue... camping available for those who want that experience, but also VERY close to major cities (Little Rock, Hot Spring Village, Morrilton). The main event will be at the historic Camp Ouachita.

If you are still interested in help with this event, please PM or email me (savoylen@live.com).

I'll be opening a new thread for the actual event as we get closer.

This event is about two weeks away... its going to be a blast:
    http://coord.info/GC57Y5W

Fantastic Video that Savoy made concerning the C.A.G.E. Cache Bash V. Enjoy - great stuff!!!

Very nice Les. Hope you all have a great time..

I agree! Very nicely done! I think the ArkGeo Events Committee needs to recruit you to do promotion for the next annual event!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Great vid! Do they want help maintaining the trail? Would be a good C.I.T.O.? Would make a great fun day of course I understand keeping trails primitive is fun as well.

Thanks all for the comp.s.... greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by perm74 View Post
    Great vid! Do they want help maintaining the trail? Would be a good C.I.T.O.? Would make a great fun day of course I understand keeping trails primitive is fun as well.
    Michael (SYC) is thinking about hosting a CITO there for just that purpose. I know when I was talking to the FS rep, that they were VERY interested in having help with the trails because there are a lot of groups willing to do the 'trash out' part, but very few that would take on maintenance for a section of the trail.

I'm about to head out the site to do some final event prep with some of the other event team members... please help spread the word, we've love to a great turn-out for the day of activities we have going!