Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CAGE Cache Bash V - planning

CAGE Cache Bash V - planning

So I'm thinking through putting together a group to work on Cache Bash V - how does Sep 13 look for everyone this year?

This basically ends the "summer" caching season for most of us, and I 'think' clears the opening seasons for hunting this year. (Someone correct me if I'm off on that one.)

If you've never been to a CAGE Cache Bash before, you really missed a good time - but no worries... you'll have a chance to change that, soon!

This is what a Cache Bash looks like:

TENTATIVE Cache Bash V

What: The CAGE Cache Bash is a day of fellowship and fun for geocachers and their friends. The primary purpose is to get together to share stories of our adventures, share caching related activities, and to encourage interested people of learn more about geocaching in Central Arkansas. Of course, we'll have a picnic lunch.

Where: TBA... possibly Lake Sylvia, Ark. 324, Perryville, AR 72126, N34.8822836 W92.8102027 OR NLR Burns Park

When: Saturday, 13-SEPT-14

The day will start with registration at 9 AM, with all other events starting at 10 P.M. and again at 1:30
    We plan on being done at ABOUT 4:30 PM with a few stories and awards for the day!

Agenda:

9:00 Registration Opens, Coin and Discovery Table Opens, Accuracy Game Opens, Sign-ups for "Games at 11" events
    10:00 Morning Dash Opens - Rules, score sheet and printed coordinates passed out. GSAK will be available for those with cords for their GPSr to download the coordinates for the dash caches
    10:30 Kid's TreasureCache Opens, SpyCache Opens (These are GeoGames that develop those all-important Geocaching skills!)
    11:00 "Games at 11" (MicroMania, PowerCache Dash, and Cache-Toss)
    12:00 Tailgate Lunch

Regarding FOOD and drinks! This is a picnic lunch experience. We will have hot grills read to go, hot dogs, and iced water - you bring the rest.

1:00 Afternoon Dash Opens - Rules, score sheet and printed coordinates passed out. GSAK will be available for those with cords for their GPSr to download the coordinates for the dash caches
    3:30 All Dash sheets due turned in, Discovery Tables Close
    4:00 Recognitions and Feedback
    4:30 Depart

If you are in Central Arkansas and interested in helping this year, please let me know... its only going to happen if we work together. Once we lock down the date/location, I'll make an official announcement on CG.com and another thread here.

The last Cache Bash can be found here:
    http://coord.info/GC3MXQ4

This thread is for planning purposes only... thanks! Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

- Savoy

Count Me In, Rocking the cache word one cache at a time.

Be glad to help, again.

Awesome!!!

Anyone see a problem with that date before I run around and lock down the venue?

Looks like a good date to me.

Looks good

It was great talking to all the CAGE folks tonight at the "Meet n Greet" tonight.
    If you raised your hand to volunteer to help put on this event, please PM me 'here' or on GC.com (savoy)... or just post in this thread.
    My next step is to talk to the group (via PM or email) regarding the venue to finish that part up, so we can work on the rest.

SO EXCITED about how this is forming up this year.... take care!
    Savoy

papataz2001 Guest
    PM'd you on GC.com

Cool beans!
    I was able to meet up with the local person from the USDA for one of the venues... so I think we are about ready to meet and make the final call for the spot we want.

I think there are couple of other names of folks that wanted to help.
    W00dduck was one, anyone else remember who all put their hands up? I want to be sure to get their input before we lock down the location - would be nice to make the call some time this week.

Take care! Savoy