Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wherigo Caches

We installed the wherigo I-phone app a few years ago and it has worked much better than doing wherigo's through a GPS unit. Once in a while we will have to exit the app and resume play, but otherwise it has worked great.

OldPaintMan and wife were having issues with the android wherigo app if anyone has any suggestions for them...

call me and tell me what the app does. 501-941-8886

I have no problem doing Wherigos on my iPhone. Sometimes, like others have mentioned, you have to go in or out of a zone for it to recognize, but other than that, no issues whatsoever.
    Mother to 2 dogs - Foxer, the chicken herder and Bo, the pug, 1 kitty chupacabra princess Daksi and Married to a wonderful man, Pizzaboy2600.

I successfully completed my first Whereigo cache. Honestly I had never heard of them until moving to the Little Rock area a year ago. I have a Samsung S4 with KitKat. I was a little worried the new KitKat operating system might cause problems but it did not. The only issue I had is I could not download the cartridge directly from the cache listing. I had to download the cartridge to my computer and manually transfer it to the WhereYouGo folder on my phone. Other than that it was smooth sailing.

I did the Whereigo in Burns park. I had no idea what to expect and like how this particular one was like a story. I had never been to Burns park at that points so I was pretty much lost the entire time. Anyway, cool idea. Makes me want to place one in Cabot.

If anyone with an Android phone needs help or has question don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for the offered help! My son got it to work over the weekend. Now to try and load one...
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by likestocanoe View Post
    Thanks for the offered help! My son got it to work over the weekend. Now to try and load one...
    Whoo Hoo! The one at Burns Park is fun and pretty easy if you can fit it in your trip to Fort Smith. I know ORR has some in Russellville too, but I haven't had a chance to do them.

Quote Originally Posted by arkfiremedic View Post
    I know ORR has some in Russellville too, but I haven't had a chance to do them.
    For those traveling I-40 to Saturday's event, besides the 3 Wherigos I have in Russellville, nukeworker & Racquetball Girl have 2 in the Russellville area, and Guwisti has one in Ozark and one in Van Buren. All are well done and a lot of fun to do!
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Okay, I'm a little slow to attempt Wherigos. Would someone please step by step walk me through the process of downloading a cartridge to the iPhone? It appears that the only options for download are to a few Garmin devices and PPC's. Is accepting the PPC option correct for an iPhone? Any assistance would be appreciated.

SJClimber you want PPC (pocket PC) for your iPhone. You should be able to download the cartridge from there to your iPhone. I'll send you a PM tomorrow with step by step instructions when I get off work.

Thanks ORR, I didn't realize there were more. 2ter only likes them if she doesn't have to walk far, or we can drive between the steps, or she stays in the ac and her dad completes it and then logs it for her. She prefers the latter the best

Wow, thanks AFM. And thanks for taking time to send the PM. I have the cartridges loaded (I think, taking your suggestion to use the PPC download option) for Wherigos in Silverton and Durango, CO. Off with Jake92 tomorrow morning to see if we can play the game. Again, thanks..