Thread: The Arkansas Storm Team Relief and Recovery Telethon

The Arkansas Storm Team Relief and Recovery Telethon

On Tuesday, April 29, KARK 4 (KARK) and FOX16 (KLRT) will partner with the Salvation Army to conduct a telethon to raise money for the victims of the recent tornadoes that devastated many Arkansans. Beginning at 5 a.m. and continuing until 10:30 p.m., The Arkansas Storm Team Relief and Recovery Telethon will be featured on each newscast on both KARK 4 and FOX16. Volunteers from the Salvation Army will be answering phones to take credit card donations for the relief effort.

The Salvation Army will use the money raised from the telethon to purchase food, water and equipment for their mobile feeding units, which are providing physical, spiritual, and emotional care for Arkansans hit hardest by the recent storms. Many victims will also receive Visa gift cards to buy the necessities lost when tornados took their homes. These gift cards will be purchased through McCain Mall, who has agreed to waive all fees associated with the cards, so that 100 percent of the money donated can go directly to the storm victims.

The number to call to donate is (501) 340-4922. You can also make a donation by texting STORM to 80888, or by visiting SalvationArmyCentralArkansas.org.
    My life has been very blessed, and by the grace of God, I have not had to endure what the citizens of Mayflower, Vilonia, and other Arkansas communities are having to go through. I have made my donation. I challenge other members of ArkGeo to help out on this effort by doing the same.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The information above made it easy to donate. We challenge others to contribute to the Arkansas relief effort instead of worrying about FTFs.

Challenge accepted! Took less than a minute for me donate using the link posted by ORR.
    "Honey, we're not normal people. We're the Griswolds. "

Challenge accepted and completed.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

KATV Channel 7 is doing a fund drive through the Red Cross today.

"Help those in need from the deadly storms from Sunday night. Give what you can to the Red Cross. The Spirit of Arkansas relief drive starts at 5:30. Call 324-4357."

Here is a link to donate to the Red Cross on line if you prefer that, there is a place to donate to our Arkansas Local Red Cross & one for Disaster

https://www.redcross.org/quickdonate/index.jsp

Just now read the post here, but we did donate to the Salvation Army thru the KARK telethon when it was going on.
    jdpc3
    [COLOR="#800080"][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=3]