Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A cache for determined cachers

Difficult multi

It appears best if one was a resident of the area to attempt this one (Revenge...) SD. With persistence, one can do MI-Quest in a day. It does not need the disclaimer to avoid if you are from out of town and passing through. MI was a real challange, but a lot of fun. I'm waiting for a sequel GK. And if heading to FS, Revenge might be worth an attempt if I remember all the tools. Onward

Phantom_491 Guest

Mission Completed!

as of 730PM tonight, I have successfully completed the quest. I think my total time is somewhere between 2 1/2 to 3 hours spread over 4 different days. I think I made a couple stages harder than they were, but then a couple stages I breezed through that were probably meant to be harder. I'll post my find on GC.com once I gather all my notes together. Congrats to SJClimber, & Rhone on FTF (Does that make me STF ot TFT...Hmmm?!?)

LadyEngineer Guest
    Well Strider869, the girls and I started this one today. Now we started at 10:00 a.m. and at 4:00 p.m. we had made it to 6 but not finished. The total time is not 6 hours of work though.

One - we found ourselves just steps behind another couple at stage 2 and we tried to stay back while they hunted. We would stop and let the girls play on the playgrounds or go get lunch. And we even picked up a totally different cache while waiting for them to find stage 3. But we caught up with them at Stage 5. They really appeared to had problems with that stage and after a long while gave up (so we think). I can see why. But I will leave that story for when I make the post on the website.

All I can say is thank goodness for "Phone a friend" Woodwalker9, we owe you one. He didn't give it away but he at least got us in the correct area.

We're going back tomorrow after church. We're not about to miss out on Grandkids' cooking. That would be a terrible mistake.

Time on Stage One 6 minutes
    Time on Stage Two 3 minutes
    Time on Stage Three 11 minutes
    Time on Stage Four 30 seconds
    Time on Stage Five 1 hour and 15 minutes
    Time on Stage Six 26 minutes (we will be back)

I only start the clock when the GPS says 10 feet. Then the hunt is on.

I finished this one after a total time of between 3 and 4 hours. It is really a fun and challenging cache and I appreciate GK's hard work in placing it.

I actually made this series far more challenging than it should have been. After hearing Rhone and SJClimber discuss it at the Conway CITO event and reading Phantom's logs, I set my mind into thinking that I was looking for complicated, unusual, and deceptive hides. This caused me to overlook the obvious on a couple of stages(probably exactly what GK had in mind). None of the hides turned out to be anything that I had not seen before. I just couldn't see the forest for the trees. Stage 5 was the only one that I found where the coordinates appeared to be out of range, but the starting point is relative and I may not have been starting from the intended point. Some of the earlier posts noted that stage 2's coordinates appeared to be off, but I had corrected that one after overhearing the discussion at Conway. For the most part, GK's coordinates were right on the money. Another indication that a lot of work went into placing each stage.

I hope that no one, regardless of experience, will pass this one up. It is a very enjoyable hunt and I believe that anyone that can read a GPSr can complete this series. Thank you again GK for all your hard work in placing this very enjoyable and educational hunt. I look forward to your next series.

SteveBrown Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by grandkid38
    ...one thing I will always keep consistent is to provide the most accurate coordinates I can possibly obtain with my garmin 60cs . Any quest can be made impossible if you are given bum coordinates.
    WOW! You've got me excited about our next trip to LR. I may have to plan a trip just for this cache.

I know about the coordinates being off. Mary and I searched for well over an hour yesterday for a micro in Thunder Bay, Ontario. We spent most of our time searching a 30 foot diameter flower bed. After giving up and going back to the van and reading every word on the cache page I finally really noticed the name of the cache and searched some kind of big evergreen tree 60 feet away and found the cache.