The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought Jackie Hefley aka Razorback01 should be the next cachers to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name? Razorback01

How did you choose your handle? As you can tell, I’m a Razorback fan since birth

How long have you been geocaching? Since August 2008

How did you find your first geocache, and which one was it? Well, when I first found out about geocaching, I did not have a gps, so I had to go out and purchase one, a Nuvi brand that was made basically for street use only but I used it caching for my first 1,000 finds. First cache I tried out was GC199JO Walnut Grove Cemetery on 8/19/08 by Ron White that was about 3 miles from the house. I thought picking out a cemetery cache would be creepy and a fun thing to do. Little did I know I would get hooked after that.

Who usually goes with you when you go caching? 99% of the time by myself. Other 1% is when I get the wife to go help me find the tough ones I can’t put my hands on. She is definitely better at this than I am.

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up? I’ll pick out a few from time to time. I’ll spend a lot of time on some until I figure it out or make a phone call to a fellow cacher.

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in? Love to cache in a cemetery or on a trail out in the woods.

Do you do paperless caching? Not yet

What kind of geocaching rig do you use? Garmin 60 CSx

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching? To meet some of the friendliness people you will find and also to enjoy this world that God has given us.

Where are you originally from? Stuttgart, Arkansas

In what states have you geocached? Alaska, Arkansas, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Washington.

What was your first event ever attended? GC1N9D3 ArkGeo 2009 Annual Meeting

How many caches have you found? 5,874

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest? Anything larger than a micro

What was the most famous cache that you have found? GC2ODQV near Fenway Park in Boston.

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries? Rechargeable

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby? Finding

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide? To direct a cacher to areas that normally they would not know about.

What is your favorite type of cache hide? It is where the cache is hid out in nature down a winding trail in the woods.

Out of all your hides, what are your personal favorites that you take pride in? GC226QJ, GC226R8, GC226RB, & GC22CM6. They are my WLR Ammo Alley series that are all ammo cans.

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh? 2 hides for every 100 found.

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby? Wife was reading the newspaper and spotted an article about geocaching in our state parks. Looked interesting to me.

What’s your favorite geocache? It would have to be the first one in Walnut Grove Cemetery placed by Ron White. After I made the find, I said “this is like Indiana Jones movies-finding hidden treasures.” Been hooked ever since.

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching? All over the world.

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group? Don’t want to get in trouble but I have more fun by myself. Reason being, when I’m with a group someone will always find the cache before I do. Guess I have a lot of kid still left in me.

How many first to finds do you have? Somewhere close to 50

Are you a first to find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications? My setting is on 20 miles and wife loves to find them after work at night or on weekends.

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching? Sports, swimming, and travel.