Thread: Lab Cache

Lab Cache

Other than finding these types of caches on two cachers profile with a new icon I know nothing about these. All the caches I check on under the cachers stats say they are no longer available. Anyone shed any light on this for me please?

Check out this Geocaching.com blog article on Lab Caches. I had the opportunity to find 6 of them recently while in Las Vegas. They had been placed for the Geocoinfest Mega Event. In short, they are temporary caches placed for an event. Groundspeak is just looking for a way for event attendees to log the temporaries without multiple logging of a permanent cache identified by the event organizer to be used for that purpose. Right now, they are in experimental phase and are just being tested at mega events. Although they show up in your Find count total, they don't figure into your statistics, which is something I don't like about them.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Thank you for your answer ORR. I hope they will still have them at Geowoodstock next year so more people (including me) can get the special icon on their profile.

It is an interesting idea.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan