Thread: Looking for a list of the oldest caches in AR

Smile Looking for a list of the oldest caches in AR

Jimmykay1 and 2 would like to know some of the oldest caches in AR. We know about the Gorilla Stash but are interested in finding others. We appreciate any and all help. Thank you in advance.

The easiest way to find them is to go to your profile page on GC.com and click on the link that says "list newest in Arkansas". At the top of the page you will see a string of page numbers. Click on the >> just to the left of the Next button. That will take you to the oldest caches in the state. You can then use the buttons or page numbers to work your way forward. This is also how I calculate how many active caches there are in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    The easiest way to find them is to go to your profile page on GC.com and click on the link that says "list newest in Arkansas". At the top of the page you will see a string of page numbers. Click on the >> just to the left of the Next button. That will take you to the oldest caches in the state. You can then use the buttons or page numbers to work your way forward. This is also how I calculate how many active caches there are in the state.
    That's the best way to do it if you are a Premium Member of Geocaching.com. However, if you are not a Premium Member, your Profile Page will not have the "list newest in Arkansas" link. But you can still get there. It takes only a few more clicks.

On your Profile Page, on the right side just below your Stat Bar is a menu for Search Options. Select the one for Advanced Search. On the page that opens up, in the "By" box, from the drop down menu, select "By Country/State". The page will refresh and display new options, allowing you to select the US and Arkansas from the drop down menus. Once you have everything selected and hit "Search for Geocaches", you will be taken to the list of all geocaches in Arkansas and then just follow IRBH directions above to move through the list.

The list is in reverse chronological order of cache placement, so you will need to go to the very last page and work your way forward to see the old ones. To get to the last page quickly, select the ">>" link above the list where the page numbers are shown. If you are a Premium Member, you can also just click on the column header for "Placed" date and it will automatically resort the list from oldest to newest.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Or you can just go to Hide and Seek a Cache and put Arkansas in the By State/Providence dropdown and will get the same thing...all caches in Arkansas.

Quote Originally Posted by J1mmykay View Post
    Jimmykay1 and 2 would like to know some of the oldest caches in AR. We know about the Gorilla Stash but are interested in finding others. We appreciate any and all help. Thank you in advance.
    I encourage you to follow your quest of finding the old caches in Arkansas. A few years ago, I set a personal geocaching goal of finding all active caches within Arkansas that had been published before I found my first cache in July 2003. I actually got the idea from rklmbl, who had told me that was one of their goals. It took me a few years, but on August 28 this year, I finally met my goal by finding "KP # 2" (GC201), the second oldest cache in the state. There were definitely a lot of great caches found during my quest to meet my goal, and some easy ones and some really hard ones, at least from the hikes needed to get to them. Setting personal goals is definitely one way to make and keep the game fun and exciting. It also helps one to focus on which caches one should be definitely look for when going into a new area.
    "Wildness is a necessity." -- John Muir

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." -- Steve McQueen

Quote Originally Posted by OldRiverRunner View Post
    I encourage you to follow your quest of finding the old caches in Arkansas. A few years ago, I set a personal geocaching goal of finding all active caches within Arkansas that had been published before I found my first cache in July 2003. I actually got the idea from rklmbl, who had told me that was one of their goals. It took me a few years, but on August 28 this year, I finally met my goal by finding "KP # 2" (GC201), the second oldest cache in the state. There were definitely a lot of great caches found during my quest to meet my goal, and some easy ones and some really hard ones, at least from the hikes needed to get to them. Setting personal goals is definitely one way to make and keep the game fun and exciting. It also helps one to focus on which caches one should be definitely look for when going into a new area.
    Thats some good advice! Without goals you lose the "why" of Geocaching.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

Steal Your Cache Guest
    goals are good. oldest caches in the state, oldest caches in each state, cache for every year, caches placed by year etc etc. all of these get me motivated. my current goal besides getting oldest caches is to get the top 20 caches in the state based on favorite points. the #1 cache in Arkansas is gorilla stash which is the oldest. Now that i started this quest i use the same guide for caches when i travel. when i started this goal i had no idea the fun i was going to have. in a week i go to Fl so i pulled up the caches in the state sorted by fav points and what do you know i have 6 already and will be getting the 4th top cache on the trip. what ever your goal share it with others so they can encourage you and help on the quest.

SYC