Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CAGE Cache Bash V

CAGE Cache Bash V

http://coord.info/GC4KQM4

What
    : The CAGE Cache Bash is a day of fellowship and fun for geocachers and their friends. The primary purpose is to get together to share stories of our adventures, share caching related activities, and to encourage interested people of learn more about geocaching in Central Arkansas. Of course, we'll have a picnic lunch.

Where:Lake Sylvia, Ark. 324, Perryville, AR 72126, N34.8822836 W92.8102027

When: Saturday, 19-OCT-2013

The day will start with registration at 9 AM, with all other events starting at 10 P.M. and again at 1:30
    We plan on being done at ABOUT 4:30 PM with a few stories and awards for the day!

Agenda:

9:00 Registration Opens, Coin and Discovery Table Opens, Accuracy Game Opens, Sign-ups for "Games at 11" events
    10:00 Morning Dash Opens - Rules, score sheet and printed coordinates passed out. GSAK will be available for those with cords for their GPSr to download the coordinates for the dash caches
    10:30 Kid's TreasureCache Opens, SpyCache Opens
    11:00 "Games at 11" (MicroMania, PowerCache Dash, and Cache-Toss)
    12:00 Tailgate Lunch

Regarding FOOD and drinks! This is a picnic lunch experience. We will have hot grills read to go, hot dogs, and iced water - you bring the rest.

1:00 Afternoon Dash Opens - Rules, score sheet and printed coordinates passed out. GSAK will be available for those with cords for their GPSr to download the coordinates for the dash caches
    3:30 All Dash sheets due turned in, Discovery Tables Close
    4:00 Recognitions and Feedback
    4:30 Depart
    Last edited by Savoy; 08-25-2013 at 01:39 PM.

HI all... sorry this took so long to get this out this year - but the good news is that you have a couple of months to SAVE THAT DATE for CB5!!

This year we're taking CB5 on the road a bit, so we might hit a few AWESOME locations in the CAGE area that are 'hidden gems' - we know your going to love this area. Also you might have noticed that the date is a bit latter this year than last. Even though we were blessed last year with an AWESOME turn-out and great weather - even for July - we received very nice feedback that a "Dash" event when its a bit more likely to be cooler makes for a more enjoyable day. Once of SYC's and my favorite events is the SAGEville event... so we just looked a couple of weeks out from that to find a date when we've recovered from that fun, and will be ready for another AWESOME event. I can't think of another way to work AWESOME into a sentence (oh look, I just did), so I'm really looking forward to see you all again this year.

Tell your friends, and please let us know if you can think of anything else that would make for a fun day at CB5!!

- Les (Savoy)

Should I fly in for this one?? Any rooms in the inn??

Quote Originally Posted by SJClimber View Post
    Should I fly in for this one?? Any rooms in the inn??
    You bet you should - I've love to get to go caching with you again!! and to hear some Colorado adventures

That does remind me that we've got some spots reserved - Michael (SYC) has the scoop on that. He should be piping in here soon.

Great to hear from you!
    -Savoy(Les)

Y'all do know that is the opening weekend of Muzzleloading season? So make sure everyone brings their orange if they plan on going anywhere out in the woods to cache. Just thought I'd throw that at ya!

Yep, we played with this weekend or the weekend before, and its the only one that we both had open.
    I think we'll all be OK ... but wearing bright clothes is a GREAT idea

See commends and pictures from last year's event here.
    http://coord.info/GC3MXQ4

Cache Dash: The objective is to find the dash caches (this are caches just for the event sometimes called "Temps" (as per the CG guidelines for official events.), "log them" by stamping your sheet with the item found in the cache, and then report back to "home base" in the best time possible.

Each team (1-4 members) will sign-up on the appropriate sheet on registration. There will be two rounds of "Dashes", one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Though you may choose to participate in only one of the rounds if you wish, the total of caches found will constitute the team's total score for the activity. The final score will be calculated "per person" so there is not a large advantage to working in bigger groups. At the beginning of each round, every team will receive their "Cache Dash Log Sheet" which will list the coordinates of the cache locations. Teams should not start until the activity host signals that the round has begun. On reaching a cache, the team will sign the log and use the stamp from the cache on their Cache Dash Log Sheet.

In the event that a cache is believed to be muggled, contact one of the event hosts. PLEASE replace the caches as you have found them. Once you have 'logged' all the caches get back to "home base" and the activity host will time stamp your logsheet. There are several 'evil' caches in the course. They are optional, but will give team a small time deduction if unfound. Found evil caches will provide a good time bonus . All sheets should be turned in to "home base" at the end of the round. Not all caches need to be found in order to turn in your log for consideration for that round, but they do need to be returned to "home base" by the end of the current round. The winning team will be the one that completed the course in the shortest amount of time per person. In the event of a tie, a tie-breaker activity will be given by the host OR the teams will split the title and any other boons.

Spy Cache: Someone has take a bag of coins - geocoins of course! It's up to you to solve the mystery. This is not for the faint of heart, but if you like a good mystery - this is for you. Don't forget to bring your mystery cache 'tools of the trade' - this is the cache you've been practicing for! Only the first to find will receive a reward - and why not? By the time they solved all the clues to get to the final stage, they earned the right to keep what they have found.

Cache -Toss: This is what it sounds like!

MicroMania - I don't want to spoil this one too much, but if you are one of those people that has a magical touch when it comes to dealing with all those micro's and their even smaller logs. Than this is your event.

PowerCache Dash - this one takes nerves of steel, the reflexes of a rabbit, the cunning of a fox, and sometimes the patience of a saint - yes, it's the PowerCach Dash. Lets just say, it's you, a truck, four caches, and time IS a factor. Good luck!

We hate that we won't be able to make it this year. Opening day of muzzle-loading season. Hope everyone has a GREAT time! ! !
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

Bummer, my wife is heading to NC for work that weekend leaving me to hold down the fort here in CO .....

T'nH Guest
    Drats! You changed the date. Already have plans. If something changes I contact to help.