The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought Judy Franklin aka Jffok should be the next cacher to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name? Jffok

How did you choose your handle? I was looking at the site and it asked for a user name. I tried a couple of names and both were taken. So I put in my Initials JFF and then added OK as I was born in Okla.

How long have you been geocaching? Since 10-23-08

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it?
GCD38F Sweet Woman. This was a virtual cache and I did not have a gps. The name of the cemetery was on the cache page so I just went there and walked around until I found the correct headstone.

Who usually goes with you when you go caching? Mainly alone.

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up?
I rarely give up on one.

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in?
Clarksville, Ar. and Lawton, Ok

Do you do paperless caching?
Yes

What kind of geocaching rig do you use?
Garmin 450t

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching? It is a good, clean, and fun family hobby.

Where are you originally from?
Cartersville, Oklahoma

In what states have you geocached? Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi

What was your first event ever attended?
Van Buren Breakfast GC1H7JJ 11/15/08

How many caches have you found? 10,920

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest?
Baby Soda Bottles

What was the most famous cache that you have found? Gorilla Stash

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries?
Disposable

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby?
Finding

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide? To show a place or share the fun of hunting with someone.

What is you favorite type of cache hide? Letterbox and earthcaches

Out of all your hides, what are your personal favorites that you take pride in? GC46YK4 Rodeo Cowboy and my small section of the Oklahoma Land Run .

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh?
10 hides per 100 finds

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby? I read an article in the Ft. Smith paper when the Janet Hucklebee Nature Center was dedicated. They showed a picture of a man geocaching there.

What's your favorite geocache? Lone Tree GCBD5E a 5/5 virtual cache near Lawton, Ok.

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching? Nevada and Wyoming

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group? I like caching with a partner but will go alone if no one is available to go.

How many First to Finds do you have? 660

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications?
Most of the time I will go for them . 50 miles but don’t usually go over 20 if there is only one new cache.

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching?
Hiking, Fishing, Photography and Scrapbooking