The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought Linda Tredway aka Angel06 should be the next cacher to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name?
My name is Angel06, or better known as Linda Tredway.

How did you choose your handle?

I chose my handle for 2 reasons: I am a nurse that retired from full time work in 2006 and I was in charge of Angel Food Ministries at my church starting in 2006.

How long have you been geocaching?

I started Geocaching on Dec. 29, 2006. I went with Eagle95, my son, to the Searcy area. The first one of the day was WCCC Howell. We hunted 11 more caches. The very first cache for me to hunt on my own was It's a Stumping Ground on 1/22/07.

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it?

The very first geocache I found was on 3/6/05 It's a Dam Site Cache. I was a muggle and tagged along with Eagle95 while he was doing an errand for The Dive Shop out of Little Rock.

Who usually goes with you when you go caching?

Eagle95 was my Geocaching buddy, but since he moved to Memphis I'm alone most of the time. That doesn't count the times my husband and I are traveling and we hunt for caches (even though he remains a muggle).

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up?

I have never timed how long I work on a puzzle cache. If I don't figure out which "angle" to solve the puzzle I put it to the side for another day. So I don't think I give up, I just procrastinate!

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in?
I enjoy every town I cache in because it generally gives me a smiley. My first area I enjoyed was Cacheville (Clarksville), then it was Searcy due to the proximity and numbers. Now I enjoy the Prescott, AZ area, otherwise known as Ravenland (due to the unique caches hidden by a cacher by the name of The Raven).

Do you do paperless caching?

I still don't do paperless caching.

What kind of geocaching rig do you use?
When I cache by myself I'm in my Mazda Tribute. When I'm with my husband we are in our VW Jetta - which is low lying base so I don't go on the dirt roads.

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching?

I recommend this "sport" to anyone because it gets a person out of the house, doing some exercise many times by hiking trails, seeing some history that would have been overlooked, meting some nice people along the way, and it is family oriented. It's an EOE, which means Equal Opportunity Experience!

Where are you originally from?

I am originally from Fair Lawn, NJ; which is located 20 minutes south of the George Washington Bridge and 20 minutes north of Newark.

In what states have you geocached?
I have geocachers in 40 states. I still lack Alaska, Oregon, Washington, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine.

What was your first event ever attended?
My first event was in Cacheville in 2007. Eagle95 and I attended , but we had to leave Sat night so I could be back to play handbells in church on Sunday morning. I did my first night caching that Sat night also.

How many caches have you found?

According to Geocaching.com I have found 2550, but I still have many more to log (off found papers in a pile) so the number is probably closer to 2700.

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest?

It is great to find an ammo can in an urban area or a nano in the woods, but the creative containers that some people come up with are the memorable ones for me. In the near future I hope to get more crafty on my hides - so you better watch out.

What was the most famous cache that you have found?
The first famous cache that comes to mind is GC30 Mingo that was put out in May 2000. My husband and I were out caching in Kansas heading toward Colorado to visit some friends. As I logged my finds for that day and look up some more for the next day I saw Mingo mentioned in several logs. I still wasn't sure where the town of Mingo was - so then I changed my thought to geocachers with the word Mingo. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was on our route and to know how old it was at that time. This was a must! This isn't to say that there haven't been other famous caches; too many to name, because all caches are great. Some one placed it so someone else could find it!

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries?
Disposable batteries

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby?
Finding because of the thrill. In my first year of caching after finding several cemetery caches in Searcy Eagle95 and I started wondering how many cemeteries are in Cleburne County. Then the themes of caches and such for hiding caches were my main goal, but after having more than 100 caches to do maintenance on (some are one hour away) has made it less enjoyable. This isn't to say I'm not hiding anymore.

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide?

As mentioned previously my goal has been the theme, sometimes to help with the alphanumeric challenge, sometimes for a tour of the town, sometimes just for numbers, but generally there is a goal - stated or not.

What is your favorite type of cache hide?
I prefer unique or unknown caches.

Out of all your hides, what are your personal favorites that you take pride in?
My personal favorite hides have been the AGS series because of the research of a popular show that many have liked. The information gives a hint as to where the cache is hidden. Now those of you reading this have a hint that others don't. I also think the At The Lake series are a favorite because it is more like a tour of Heber Springs in some unknown locations as well as the information on some fish; even those that aren't found at the lake.

What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh?

I'm not sure there is a ratio, but I think you should still hide one every so often to keep the sport fresh; and to keep people coming to your area/town.

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby?

I started Geocaching because of Eagle95. He was headed toward White County when I was just coming back into the house. When he told me what and where he was going I asked to tag along. After we found the first one that day I was "hooked". My husband also learned that my sense of timing was off when I am Geocaching. Dinner that night was much later than I had planned.

What's your favorite geocache?
My favorite geocache currently is Origami Raven. It is unique in having to follow a video in folding the origami and then figuring out the correct coordinates from the right flank, left wing, etc. The location of the cache and the logbook are VERY unique.

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching?

I would like to go to Europe to do some Geocaching there. I also would like to return to Australia and find one there. By time I found out how to change to the southern I had left Australia on a cruise.

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group?
I prefer a group, but that doesn't happen often.

How many First to Finds do you have?

I think I have 75 FTFs

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications?

I am ready to go Geocaching all the time, but only get notification via computer which is set for 75 -100 miles. Since I don't have an I phone, I'm slower than most.

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching?

Yes I have several other hobbies - quilting, playing handbells in church and for nursing homes, play nurse in the Christian Health Center, knit or crochet prayer shawls, teach water aerobics at the Community Center's pool, and volunteer in numerous other organizations.

I hope to see some of you on the trail.