Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think of caches in cemeteries?

Phantom_491 Guest
    I, too, have a cemetery cache. It's at the Arkansas Veterans Cemetery, in North Little Rock. I received permission from non other than the State Director for Veterean's affairs of Arkansas, (Who BTW, is a Congressional Medal of Honor Winner). I have a co-worker who thinks it'a wrong to "Play Games" in cemeteries, and that they are like churches and shrines, and should be revered. I agree to a point. I placed my cache to braw people to this area and show them, a little about Arkansas Military history.

I have enjoyed the cemetery caches I have done, in various states. I have always been respectful, and usually end up doing a little CITO to the place. I also walk around the cemetery, just to look at some of the monuments, and to pay respects to those who served. It's suprising how many service members are buried in the various cemeteries, especially some of the smaller community ones.

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    As fate would have it, a cache I went after yesterday turned out to be a cemetery cache. My log entry will give a pretty good clue to how I feel about cemetery caches.

Log Entry

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    .. My log entry will give a pretty good clue to how I feel about cemetery caches.
    Thanks for writing it and thanks for sharing it.
    Well done Geezer, and God bless.

Geezer, that one is much more than a log entry. It really is a fantastic tribute. But beyond that, it puts our very existance into perspective. I happen to be one who agrees with everything you said, and it does my heart good to hear it said by others. Thank you for writing this, and thanks for your stand.

Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    As fate would have it, a cache I went after yesterday turned out to be a cemetery cache. My log entry will give a pretty good clue to how I feel about cemetery caches.

Log Entry
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

BACKPACKNJACK Guest
    Standing in the night looking out into the stars, we ask ourselves that age old question, “Are we alone”.

Well according to my last GC new cache notification, 6 of the 14 were listed as cemetery caches so I guess the question is answered. We are Not alone.

thenaturenurd Guest

I can see dead people

Nope we arent alone for sure.

bluegillfisherman Guest

Cemetery Caches

There is a series of cemetery caches that presently total over 170 and covering 20 counties. Hidden and maintained by a cooperative group of cachers. Called the Indiana Spirit Quest caches. You may find a couple of examples interesting to peek at.
    bgf

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... 3f947b4202

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_de ... dba903dd9f