Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adventure Arkansas: Geocaching 101

Adventure Arkansas: Geocaching 101

Adventure Arkansas: Geocaching

Come join Joe Pennington the KFSM 5 News Weather Guy and myself for Geocaching 101 at Devils Den State Park on Saturday, June 29th @ 10:00 am.

Plans are to meet in the audio/video room at the visitor center or if needed at the amphitheatre at the park if the crowd is too large for the audio/video room and if the weather permits.

There will be an introduction to Geocaching presentation and possibly a search for nearby caches. There is also currently a plan to possibly cook some hamburgers and hot dogs all provided by KFSM Channel 5.

Portions of the session and search will be recorded for an upcoming segment to air on KFMS Channel 5’s show “Adventure Arkansas”.

Come join us and bring a muggle and introduce them to Geocaching!

If you have any questions or comments you can e-mail me at paris1time@yahoo.com and/or call/text me at (479)518-0812.

Gosh, would love to be there but I've got a wedding I've got to attend that weekend. Have a great time and hope to see what is put out by KFSM!!

Stop Twisting My Arm. Maybe maybe maybe.

Sad to say we can't make it. Will have a granddaughter doing a play that day and we must be there.
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

T'nH Guest
    Sorry, teen coming home from a mission trip that day.

Well today was the Geocaching 101 presentation at Devil's Den State Park. Wow! What a turn out. There were more muggles than cachers, but I think when it was said and done we converted some muggles to cachers.

KFSM Channel 5 in Fort Smith asked me to conduct the presentation and it was help at the amphitheater. They did some promotion on their station and Facebook. We guessed close to 40 in attendance and out of those only around 10 were current cachers. Weathermen Joe Pennington and Tyler Southard were there and they filmed for an upcoming segment of "Adventure Arkansas" that is suppose to air on Thursday, July 4th on KFSM Channel 5. They usually post the segment on their web site also. I will make sure to add a link when they do.

I had emailed them a copy of the ArkGeo brochure and they made copies of it to give to everyone in attendance. The brochure tells about Geoaching and ArkGeo. So everyone there was exposed not only to Geocaching but to ArkGeo! Jim White (fishingfool60) was also there and we both were wearing our ArkGeo t-shirts. Thanks to Jim and Jim and Susan Yeager (Apache Scout & Sioux ZQ) who also showed up to help out.

When it was over Joe Pennington and Tyler Southard asked about me helping with hiding a cache also, so there may be more. As they say in the news....Stay tuned.

20130629_090038.jpg20130629_121751.jpg20130629_120852.jpg

You are so great to do this so willingly and we are betting SO well. We both wish we could have been there, but after two weeks and $200 worth of gas running this kid to play practice we sure could not have missed the performance.... LOL. Wish we could have come!

Please post a link when it goes viral..!
    Rod Schmidt

In case there is any doubt, let us assure you David did great! Lots of fun!

No doubt at all....
    Rod Schmidt

I know at least one that attended the Geocaching 101 has an account on Geocaching.com and has found some caches after the presentation. The cache at the location was logged by "maxxim" who found that cache then 9 more yesterday. I sent him an email on GC.com and he said him and his daughters came to the presentation together and even found one 2/10's of a mile from home.