Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burns Park Cache Bash V - 08/10/2013 (TENTATIVE)

Burns Park Cache Bash V -10/5/2013 (TENTATIVE)

Burns Park Cache Bash V - 10/05/2013 (TENTATIVE)
    We are planning an event for October - this is where we are so far. As soon as I get a bit further along with the folks at the planned venue, I'll be posting this out to CG.com.

Everyone is welcome to attend. CAGE (Central AR Region) area cachers that are interested in planning, helping out at the event, etc. Please contact me via PM or email.

HOSTS: Steal Your Cache, Savoy, & C.A.G.E.

The Burns Park Cache Bash is a day of fellowship and fun for geocachers and their friends. The primary purpose is to get together to share stories of summer, share caching related activities, and to encourage interested people of learn more about geocaching in Central Arkansas. Of course, we'll have a picnic lunch.

The day will start with registration at 9 AM, with all other events starting at 10 P.M. and again at 1:30
    We plan on being done at ABOUT 4:30 PM with a few stories and awards for the day!

Agenda:

9:00 Registration Opens, Coin and Discovery Table Opens, Accuracy Game Opens, Sign-ups for "Games at 11" events
    10:00 Morning Dash Opens - Rules, score sheet and printed coordinates passed out. GSAK will be available for those with cords for their GPSr to download the coordinates for the dash caches (some are pre - existing, some are new)
    10:30 Kid's TreasureCache Opens, SpyCache Opens
    11:00 "Games at 11" (MicroMania, PowerCache Dash, and Cache-Toss)
    12:00 Tailgate Lunch

Regarding FOOD and drinks! This is a TAILGATE lunch experience. We will have hot grills read to go, hot dogs, and iced water - you bring the rest.

1:00 Afternoon Dash Opens - Rules, score sheet and printed coordinates passed out. GSAK will be available for those with cords for their GPSr to download the coordinates for the dash caches (some are pre-existing, some are new, AND SOME ARE JUST DOWN RIGHT EVIL)
    3:30 All Dash sheets due turned in, Discovery Tables Close
    4:00 Recognitions and Feedback
    4:30 Depart
    Last edited by Savoy; 06-19-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Here are a few pictures from last year's event! http://coord.info/GC3MXQ4
    If you have ideas, suggestions, or want to pitch in... just yell. We'd love to have the help.

2012-venue.jpg Cache-Bash-Cache.jpg new-cacher.jpg steal-your-cache-at-work.jpg
    Last edited by Savoy; 06-03-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Steal Your Cache Guest
    cant believe we are getting geared up for this again. we have worked out a lot of kinks from last year and it is going to be a blast.

Yep.... lots of planning to do.

This is all tentative of course folks The date may be pushed back a bit (there will be a poll) and the location could chance to another area park depending on the available and space. (We're working with them now to get this all nailed down over the next several weeks.)

Suggestions are always welcome.. I've already received a few, so keep them coming!

Thanks!!

- Sav

the-snowlight Guest
    Looking forward to it.

Hey guys, if you want ArkGeo to be a sponsor again this year you need to make contact with the Events Committee Chairman and have them help in the planning from the get-go. Michael, I know you are on the committee so it would be proper for you to contact the Chairman and him present it to the Board. Just saying, thats if you want ArkGeo involved!

Oh, by the way, I'll help in anyway I can, whether it is an ArkGeo event or not!

Steal Your Cache Guest
    was discussed this weekend and i will make it official on the committee boards!

Looking at pushing the date back to cooler.... should be able to move out of the 'tentative' phase to 'announced' soon... just have a few more ducks to line up!
    - Savoy

This is to let everyone know that if you plan on placing a permanent cache within Burns Park prior to the event, to add to everyone's caching pleasure, the North Little Rock Parks & Recreation (NLRPR) Dept. notified me earlier this year that new caches are not to be placed/published within the park without their prior approval.
    To obtain their permission, you will need to contact the following employee at NLRPR:

Jeff Caplinger
    Project Coordinator
    Phone: 501-791-8540
    Email: jcaplinger@northlittlerock.ar.gov

NLRPR is developing a new geocaching policy/permit, and I will post something on that once I get the approved policy from Jeff.

Also, if you place temporary caches for the event, you should clear the locations with Jeff first, since some areas of the park are still under study for possible unexploded military munitions and those areas would be prohibited for the temporary caches. I don't know which areas, but Jeff would be able to work with you to find allowable areas for the temporaries.

"Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson