Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GeoWoodstock XII

That looks like a good place. How far in advance do they do reservations?

Looked at the sundermeier rv park's rates - they are kind of steep (53.00 per night). Wonder what the KOA is?? Or have y'all settled on Sundermeier? Anyone heard from Jim or Sandy?

Looks good. Veil show to Jimmy. What you think, guys?
    “There aren’t enough days in the weekend.”
    Rod Schmidt

I personally hav had better luck at koa campgrounds, BUT I do see that there are two in the area, and both are about 20-30 minutes away from the site...

that said. Sundermeier doesn't appear to have a tree in site...

Lets have a look at these..

http://koa.com/campgrounds/st-louis-west/

http://koa.com/campgrounds/st-louis-ne/

they both look to be around 45 a night. Tried to look for a state park, but nothing close had camping.
    Last edited by Cpdenton; 06-01-2013 at 09:05 PM.

The more I look at it, sundermeier looks like the place. I can't get their reservation thing to work that far ahead though. I might call later.

Here is another one at St. Peters which is about 7 or 8 miles from St. Charles. Let me know what y'all are wanting to do!
    RV Camping at St. Peters' 370 Lakeside Park

Campground Fees

Check in 2 p.m. Check out time is noon.

Type Apr-Oct Nov-Mar2 Monthly
    Nov-March3
    RV Site1 Standard Pull Through $40 $35 $810
    RV Site1 Standard Back In $35 $30 $690
    RV Site1 Premium Pull Through $45 $40 $930
    RV Site1 Premium Back In $40 $35 $810

• Located on 140-acre lake near popular destinations 30 minutes west of St. Louis.
    • Guests of the RV park receive free boat launch and St. Peters resident rates for fishing.
    • 50 gravel full-service RV sites.
    • RV Sites: rotomill (gravel) is 15' wide with a minimum of 15' of grass area next to the rotomill. Pull through drives are 65’ long.
    • Pull-through (35' X 71' minimum) and back-in (35' X 61' minimum) pads with up to 50 amp service.
    • Picnic tables on concrete pads, and fire rings.
    • Clean comfort station with restrooms, showers and laundry.
    • Primitive tent sites available.
    • Pets welcome. Must be leashed.
    • Paved roads.
    • Convenience store at RV/Ranger check-in station.
    • Stay 6 consecutive nights and the 7th night is FREE!
    • Free Wi-Fi.
    • Pets welcome.
    • Patrolled by park rangers year round.
    • 4.5-mile pedestrian/bike trail around lake.
    • Sand Volleyball. Play area. Marina. Paved roadways.
    • Fishing and boating at the lake.* Learn more about 370 Lakeside Park.
    • RENTALS AVAILABLE: Bicycles, tandem bicycles, and watercraft (kayaks, canoes, paddle boats and sea cycles).
    • Guests of the RV Park receive St. Peters resident rates at the St. Peters Rec-Plex recreation center with indoor pool, cardio/weight room and ice skating as well as resident rates at St. Peters Golf Course.
    • Call for more information at 636.387.LAKE (5253).
    • PLANNED FUTURE ADDITIONS: Horseshoe pits, corporate pavilion, archery range, dog park and more.

I'm just doing primative tent site and I see these listed here. I would be good to stay here and would like to meet up and stay with others. I have a friend from Louisiana who is also monitoring this thread and she wants to camp as well. Just let me know if everyone would be good and we can start making reservations.

Steal Your Cache Guest
    i will want to drag the camper as well, will follow the thread and do some research as well.

I talked to the folks at St. Peters 370 RV Park and the lady told me if we could get 4 RV campers then we could get a group discount that would put the rate at about $30.00 and some change. Also, the RV sites are allowed 1 tent at the RV site at no charge. Justin, you;re welcome to tent camp at my spot if this thing works out. We'll just have to figure out something for your Louisiana friend.

I'm in Ron! I'll gladly split the cost with you as I was prepared to pay full price for the tent. Did they advise how far out they did reservations? I'll be willing to sign up now and pay to get the group discounts. I'll let my friend know. She has a camper, but I'm not sure if she is bringing it or not. Thanks guys! I'll be monitoring this thread until I hear back from you.

P.S. I had a blast in Louisville going up several days early. Would anyone be interested in going up early and hitting the caching trail?