Thread: Geo*Trailblazer (AKA: Charles Britton)

Phantom_491 Guest

Geo*Trailblazer (AKA: Charles Britton)

I received an email from TMAC through the Yahoogroup ozmtngeocachers. Saturday Charles passed away. He lived in SW Mo & cached throughout the region. He has attended many events & I know some of us know &/or have at least met him. He taught me a lot about Benchmarking, Geocaching, GPSRs, & Life in general. He will be missed. Phantom 491

I noticed last week that GEO*Trailblazer 1's geocaches in Arkansas had been disabled by Geocaching HQ. Yesterday, I received an email from HQ concerning these disabled caches. A portion of the text follows:

We have received an email from GEO*Trailblazer 1's wife, informing us, that he has passed away. We have disabled the account and temporarily disabled his geocaches.

As we have already received requests from a geocacher to adopt some of his geocaches, we have asked his wife for permission, which she has granted. If anybody from the community reaches out to you about this, please have them contact us at geocaching.com/help and we can adopt the geocaches over to them.
    If you wish to adopt any of his geocaches (he had over 100 and some neat ones), please contact Geocaching.com HQ by going to www.geocaching.com/help and filling out the form to send them an email to request the adoption. Be specific about which caches you wish to adopt (i.e., provide accurate GC codes in your email). Sadly, any of his caches that go unadopted will eventually have to be archived.

Chuck Walla
    Geocaching.com Volunteer Cache Reviewer
    "Volunteering is for suckers. Did you know that volunteers don't even get paid for the stuff they do?" -- Homer Simpson