Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LOR series to come

I've been solving the riddles one-by-one so that when they're all published, I can make one trip to the black land, and then head back to the Shire for a drink at the Green Dragon. (Ok, so I'm a bit of a LOTRs nerd)

The area appears to be bike friendly. If that's the case, I think I'll be making the trip on two wheels instead of frying my handsome little hobbit feet.

Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by Razz007; 06-16-2013 at 05:31 PM.

This is a very cool series! While the puzzles may not be as challenging as getting the ring to Mordor, there was one or two that made you think (or like 19, guess on one answer). The hides are good and kid friendly. There are about 3 that were pretty sneaky which was a good change up. All in all, I am looking forwards to more posting to fill in the gaps in the number sequence!

I guess my biggest disappointment (if you want to call it a disappointment) is that..... I have journeyed so far alone! Outside of about 5 caches, the only name on the log sheets is Hobbit KnK! This is a fun series and as stated before, no real challenge on the puzzles/riddles outside of about 3 of them, but if I can solve them, then you all can too.

There has been a few bumps in the road on the riddles/puzzles but they have been quickly corrected, credit to LOR-AR. I have enjoyed the challenge and yes, I have journeyed over before work or after work or... a special run on the weekend to find the ring and ... wait, did I say ring.... I mean to find the cache, to attempt to be the first to find the ring, I mean cache.

Come on LOR-AR, what is next on this journey!

LOR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz007 View Post
    I've been solving the riddles one-by-one so that when they're all published, I can make one trip to the black land, and then head back to the Shire for a drink at the Green Dragon. (Ok, so I'm a bit of a LOTRs nerd)

The area appears to be bike friendly. If that's the case, I think I'll be making the trip on two wheels instead of frying my handsome little hobbit feet.

Untitled.jpg
    Razz007 if you are looking for an ale at The Green Dragon your wish might comes true soon and with a bitter sweet taste.

LOR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by knkincabot View Post
    This is a very cool series! While the puzzles may not be as challenging as getting the ring to Mordor, there was one or two that made you think (or like 19, guess on one answer). The hides are good and kid friendly. There are about 3 that were pretty sneaky which was a good change up. All in all, I am looking forwards to more posting to fill in the gaps in the number sequence!

I guess my biggest disappointment (if you want to call it a disappointment) is that..... I have journeyed so far alone! Outside of about 5 caches, the only name on the log sheets is Hobbit KnK! This is a fun series and as stated before, no real challenge on the puzzles/riddles outside of about 3 of them, but if I can solve them, then you all can too.

There has been a few bumps in the road on the riddles/puzzles but they have been quickly corrected, credit to LOR-AR. I have enjoyed the challenge and yes, I have journeyed over before work or after work or... a special run on the weekend to find the ring and ... wait, did I say ring.... I mean to find the cache, to attempt to be the first to find the ring, I mean cache.

Come on LOR-AR, what is next on this journey!
    KnK we do share your disappointment in regard of finds thus far and attribute this to the summer heat and vacation time. We were very surprised that night cache too so long to be found !! We worked hard to place that in time for the annual meeting and camp-out.
    There will be a harder puzzles coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LOR View Post
    KnK we do share your disappointment in regard of finds thus far and attribute this to the summer heat and vacation time. We were very surprised that night cache too so long to be found !! We worked hard to place that in time for the annual meeting and camp-out.
    There will be a harder puzzles coming soon.
    Hum, LOR-AR, was that a threat or challenge! Either way, I'm excited about about the extra smileys.

KnK

LOR Guest
    We have to go west, to Valinor, to rejuvenate.
    Hopefully the series will keep Arkansas Geocachers busy for awhile.
    We will continue to tell the story (place caches) when we return.
    In the meantime be careful!
    Be observant!
    Be brave!

the-snowlight Guest
    We really enjoyed the puzzle series and caches that are quite easy find. I just wounder where Frodo and Bilbo are?

LOR Guest
    Oh well. We are back long ago and ready to continue telling the story.
    The most recent and next few caches will be different and it take us some time.
    Also weather has not been cooperating. So stay tuned.

This has been a very cool series. Most of the puzzles have been very easy to solve (again I say most, I think about 3 so far have really caused me grief ) and I am no expert of LOTRs or the Hobbit stories.

There has been a lot work, hard work, that has gone into the planning, from telling the story of the characters and the Shire, then expanding that out to the dark forest, East road and..., to the actual placement of the caches, hiding and maintenance of the caches and even the cool GeoArt! Most of the caches are within feet of trails so no bushwhacking, a couple of exceptions of course, but overall a great series and numbers builder, oh.. and fun.

I recently discovered that LOTR-000 has been found the most, then it gets to where most of the others have only one, to four signatures on them. So this has peeked my curiosity which is what caused me to post on this thread.

What is holding you back from finding these caches? Again, not looking for or expecting any bashing, just wondering why. Your answer might help in expanding other series in the area, or deter them if there is no interest in puzzle solving caches.

KnK

I have been very busy at work and haven't been Caching as much as I want. This series intrigues me just on the mystery of the owner as much as anything. I haven't even looked at a single LOTR Cache and for that I apologize. But I will. My Daughter, The Princess, loves the Lord of the Rings. She will be helping me in the solving of the puzzles.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan