Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LOR series to come

LOR Guest

LOR series to come

LOR 000 Prologue

It all began with the forging of the Great Rings in a nearby Ozark Mountain. Three were given to the Elves; immortal, wisest and fairest of all beings. Seven, to the Dwarf Lords, great miners and craftsmen of the mountain halls. And nine, nine rings were gifted to the race of Men, who above all else desire power. Eleven were given to the Razorback football team, greatest sportsmen of all times. For within these rings was bound the strength and the will to govern over each race and sport.

But they were all of them deceived, for another ring was made. In the land of Mordor, in the fires of Mount Doom, the Dark Lord Sauron forged in secret, a master ring, to control all others. And into this ring he poured all his cruelty, his malice and his will to dominate all life. One ring to rule them all. One by one, the free peoples of Middle Earth fell to the power of the Ring. But there were some who resisted. A last alliance of men and elves marched against the armies of Mordor, and on the very slopes of Mount Doom, they fought for the freedom of Middle-Earth. Victory was near, but the power of the ring could not be undone. It was in this moment, when all hope had faded, that Isildur, son of the king, took up his father's sword. And Sauron, enemy of the free peoples of Middle-Earth, was defeated. The Ring passed to Isildur, who had this one chance to destroy evil forever, but the hearts of men are easily corrupted. And the ring of power has a will of its own. It betrayed Isildur, to his death. And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth. And for two and a half thousand years, the ring passed out of all knowledge. Until, when chance came, the ring ensnared a new bearer. The ring came to the creature Gollum, who took it deep into the tunnels under the Ozark Mountains, and there it consumed him. The ring gave to Gollum unnatural long life. For five hundred years it poisoned his mind; and in the gloom of Gollum's cave, it waited. Darkness crept back into the forests of the world. Rumor grew of a shadow in the East, whispers of a nameless fear, and the Ring of Power perceived. Its time had now come. It abandoned Gollum. But then something happened that the Ring did not intend. It was picked up by the most unlikely creature imaginable. An Arkansan Geocacher. It was look for hidden treasure under each rock all over the area. Happy to find a smiley it pick it up and set in motion what should have stayed at rest. For the time will soon come when Geocachers all over Arkansas will shape the fortunes of all...
    There will be riddles!
    There will be challenges!
    There will be treasures!
    There will be villains!
    There will be evil!
    Some will walk over graveyards.

Be aware …………….. ………….. 

Sounds very interesting!!! I can't wait.
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

Hummm, I think Mark George Jones Willis has found that ring and is hording it.

Steal Your Cache Guest
    so what area are the caches going to be? have they been posted? my new cache range is limited.

LOR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paladinds1961 View Post
    Hummm, I think Mark George Jones Willis has found that ring and is hording it.
    We do not known yet what role of Mark George Jones and Willis will have to play.
    Only the future will tell.

LOR Guest
    "... From the highest mountain peak to the deepest dungeon .... "

One Ring to the RULE them ALL. Sounds like theres a lot more thought put into this one than my LOR trilogy caches (no archived). Cant wait!
    Im a geo -junkie and i need my fix!

LOR Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Night_Hiker View Post
    One Ring to the RULE them ALL. Sounds like theres a lot more thought put into this one than my LOR trilogy caches (no archived). Cant wait!
    If you know of the ring or it powers, we like to hear it, because we do not yet know what the future will bring.

the-snowlight Guest
    LOR,
    Congratulation to your first chances. I very much like puzzles I can solve(mostly with help of my kids) and even learn more about the LOTR!!

Go two of these today and yesterday (FTFs at that)... keep them coming!
    I was actually watching FOTR when #29 and 30 came online. SO i took it as a sign to go get them