The Membership Relations Committee is happy to showcase some ArkGeo Geocachers through the "Geocacher Profile". The committee thought Morgan O'Neal aka drmo913 should be the next cacher to be in the spotlight.

What is your geocaching name?
My geocaching name is drMo913 (pronounced doctor mo)

How did you choose your handle?
Mo is a nickname I've had for years. It's from my first and last initials. The dr is a carry over from college. I played in a weekly poker night with my friends. I had ran across a book of poker legends. One such legend could be summed up with the phrase "don't play poker with a guy named doc". My friends jokingly called me "doctor mo". And the 913 is my birthday.

How long have you been geocaching?
I started geocaching in June of 2008.

How did you find your first Geocache, and which one was it?
The first geocache I found was Magnolia at Chestnut (http://coord.info/GC17W2J). My wife and I found it without a GPS because we didn't have one at the time. We studied the website for a few days before we became brave enough to go on the hunt. Once we were there, it took us 30 minutes to locate that little guy. The funny part was that I had held the cache in my hand a number of times and ignored it because I thought it was a pine cone of some sort......in a Magnolia tree.

Who usually goes with you when you go caching?
My wife (smilin4God) is my usual companion. Often JasonDDickerson and WednesdayAdams are tagging along or driving the cachemobile.

How long will you work on puzzle caches before you give up?

I don't give up. Unfortunately, there are not many close puzzle caches.

What town/areas have you most enjoyed caching in?

I've loved caching in Michigan. I grew up there as a kid and finding caches there brings back a lot of memories of doing things with the family.

Do you do paperless caching?
Generally. Unless it's a puzzle cache.

What kind of geocaching rig do you use?

It depends. We use a Garmin Colorado 400t, a Magellan Explorist, an iPhone 4 and an iPhone 5. The Colorado has been my goto since the beginning, but all 4 see a lot of use.

Why would you recommend anyone else to take up geocaching?

The fun and the people. I love playing games and being outdoors, and I love making friends with people from all walks of life.

Where are you originally from?
I was born in Flint, Mi. I moved to Columbia, TN when I was 10. I've lived in Arkansas since 1996.

In what states have you geocached?
Arkansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Michigan, Texas, Mississippi, Indiana, Alabama, Illinois, & Missouri.

What was your first event ever attended?
Clarksville or Cacheville 2009 (http://coord.info/GC1JZG9)

How many caches have you found?
My profile says 864, but my wife has recently reminded me that I have another 15 or so caches that I need to log.

Which type of cache container do you prefer over the rest?

The unusual.

What was the most famous cache that you have found?
"And Jesus Wept" (http://coord.info/GC7051). This is a virtual cache locacted by the OKC Bombing Memorial. I would encourage everyone to tour that museum some day.

Do you use disposable batteries or rechargeable batteries?
Disposable. I have rechargeable, but I keep misplacing the charger.

Do you enjoy hiding or finding more as your part of the hobby?
I enjoy the finding.

Do you have a personal goal in mind when you make a hide?

In years past, my goal was to make the cache as tricky as possible to find it. More recently, my goal has changed to make the caches more of a pleasant experience for the cacher.

What is you favorite type of cache hide?

I love well designed multi's. It makes me feel that I've accomplished something.

Out of all your hides, what are your personal favorites that you take pride in?
My favorite is The Golden Greek: Our Man JZ (http://coord.info/GC2D7P4). It's my favorite because I hid the cache in honor of a friend, it was hidden with friends, and it's been a tricky hide for a number of people to find despite the cache itself is pretty straight-forward.
What do you think the proper hide to find ratio should be to keep the sport fresh?
1:50

How did you end up getting into this wacky hobby?
I read an article covering the Otterspoon cache at Beaver Fork Park outside of Conway, AR in 2006 or 2007. Then I met a friend who goes by Deezer at church who was a geocacher. On July 4th, 2008, Deezer and his Geezer, his father, took me out geocaching for my first real geocaching trip. We grabbed around 15 caches. That evening, my wife and I went shopping and purchased our Garmin Colorado.

What's your favorite geocache?
Lift Station #10 (http://coord.info/GCMEQM) in Clarksville, AR.

If money was no object, where would you like to go geocaching?

I would love to go caching in Oregan/Washington. Especially, if I could grab a Starbucks drink at "the" Starbucks.

Do you like geocaching by yourself or in a group?

A group is so much more fun. Sometimes it's hard to look ridiculous when you are by yourself.

How many First to Finds do you have?
um... I know I have a few, but I don't keep track of it.
Maybe 3?

Are you a First to Find person who is always set on go and if so, how many miles out do you have your settings on to get notifications?
LOL. Nope. I do have notifications set out to 30 miles, but I seldom grab the FTF.

Do you have any other hobbies besides geocaching?

I play guitar (acoustic and bass), and I've been tinkering around with woodworking.