Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSAK database

Steal Your Cache Guest

GSAK database

i have been working painlessly on a database on the caches in Arkansas and it is almost complete. this process has become alot bigger than i had expected. i finally got all the caches in the database but i am in the process of updating the cache data which is adding all the logs and other info. not sure how much longer this will take as i hit the max download of 6000 everyday for 2 weeks now and i have no idea how much more it will take.

i will be making this database available to everyone. i think the best way to keep the data base current is work it at the end or beginning of every month. that way you can pull a query for the month and add the new caches from the month. as for the logs i don't know if i will ever have it completely up to date.

i want to use this to have a GSAK class for beginners including me. Date to be determined soon.

let me know if you are interested in a copy of the database and once it is current i will get you a copy. it will be up to you to keep it current.

SYC
    Michael

drmo913 Guest
    That's awesome! And yes, I would love to have a copy

Not sure what I could do with the data as I have satisfied all the state wide challenges I'm aware of, but I would sure be interested in a GSAK class if and when one is put together.

I would be interested in any class related to gsak. I use the system and know (what I feel like is a lot about it ) but I know it will do much more than I know about it.

Not sure if it still is, but sharing this info used to be a violation of groundspeaks terms of use.

Quote Originally Posted by TnT View Post
    Not sure if it still is, but sharing this info used to be a violation of groundspeaks terms of use.
    Yes, this would fall under the Terms Of Use Agreement, specifically the part underlined below:

3. License to Use Site; Restrictions

Groundspeak hereby grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to view and use the Site in accordance with this Agreement and any guidelines or policies posted on the Site. Groundspeak reserves the right to suspend or revoke, in its sole discretion, the license hereunder and to prevent You from accessing all or any portion of the Site with or without notice or reason and without liability on the part of Groundspeak.
    Groundspeak may change, suspend, or discontinue any portion of the Site, or any service offered on the Site, at any time, including but not limited to any feature, database, application, or content. Groundspeak may also impose limits on certain features offered on the Site with or without notice.
    The Site and all content available on the Site are protected by applicable intellectual property laws, and are for personal and noncommercial use. All rights not expressly granted in this Agreement are reserved by Groundspeak or by the respective owners of the intellectual property rights. All materials available on or through the Site, other than Third Party Submissions (collectively, the "Site Materials") are the property of Groundspeak or of its licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. Groundspeak reserves the right to impose additional terms and conditions upon Your use and viewing of particular Site Materials, and any such terms and conditions may be posted on the Site in connection with those Site Materials. You may not reproduce or retransmit the Site Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner, without the prior written consent of the owner of such materials, except as follows: You may make a single copy of the Site Materials solely for Your personal, noncommercial use, but such copying must be consistent with any applicable additional terms and conditions and You must preserve any copyright, trademark, or other notices contained in or associated with such Site Materials. You may not distribute such copies to others, whether or not in electronic form and whether or not for a charge or other consideration, without prior written consent of the owner of such materials. If you have any questions, contact us at contact@groundspeak.com.

Steal Your Cache Guest
    i have submitted an approval request for sharing the data base. will let you know when i hear from them.

drmo913 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Steal Your Cache View Post
    i have submitted an approval request for sharing the data base. will let you know when i hear from them.
    I could see that response going either way. If the information is shared with another premium member, I don't think there would be a problem since we have the same type of access. However, if the information is shared with a non-premium member, it could be considered denial of revenue for Groundspeak.

Hopefully, they will respond in such a way that will allow you to share the information.

Steal Your Cache Guest
    just a wait and see now. last time i emailed them it took a week to hear from them.

Steal Your Cache Guest
    response from ground speak. looks like we are a go!

Hello Michael,
    Thank you for contacting us. That should not be a problem -- thanks for checking in!
    Best regards,

Katie