View Poll Results: would you like to cruise and cache?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • heck yeah, tell me when and where!

4 80.00%
  • leaving out of New Orleans works best for me!

0 0%
  • Leaving out of Galveston works best for me!

0 0%
  • heck no i wont go, i get sea sick!!!

1 20.00%

Thread: Cruising and caching

Steal Your Cache Guest

Cruising and caching

howdy all!

I want to see if there would be any interest in a caching Cruise. I saw one advertised on GC.com from NY to Bermuda. there are over 180 caches on Bermuda.

I have gotten caches in 6 other countries from going on a couple cruise and getting a cache in each port. if this sounds like something you would be interested in please vote on the poll and write a note with your ideas.

We can get a bus to take us to New Orleans or Galveston. There is even the ability for us to cache from the bus on the way down and back.

One question: Just Bermuda?

We did it last year and left out of New Orleans on a Carnival cruise to Cozumel and Progresso. Progresso was a dump with no caches so it was a wasted day and if we go on a cruise that goes there, we will stay on the ship and enjoy peace while everyone else goes and tours the dump. In Cozumel we rented a Jeep and made a complete circle around the north end of the island getting a virtual at some Mayan ruins, an Earthcache at a beautiful beach, and some other great caches. We didn't have time to get all of them, but we got the majority. They drew me a map at the car rental place where not to go. They said the south side of the island was off limits and we would be met by armed guards. We took no chances, but it was fun cruising the rest of island in the Jeep. Would have loved to relax at the beach but the wind was blowing and the tide was dangerous and the beaches and all excursions were closed.

Steal Your Cache Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by arkfiremedic View Post
    We did it last year and left out of New Orleans on a Carnival cruise to Cozumel and Progresso. Progresso was a dump with no caches so it was a wasted day and if we go on a cruise that goes there, we will stay on the ship and enjoy peace while everyone else goes and tours the dump. In Cozumel we rented a Jeep and made a complete circle around the north end of the island getting a virtual at some Mayan ruins, an Earthcache at a beautiful beach, and some other great caches. We didn't have time to get all of them, but we got the majority. They drew me a map at the car rental place where not to go. They said the south side of the island was off limits and we would be met by armed guards. We took no chances, but it was fun cruising the rest of island in the Jeep. Would have loved to relax at the beach but the wind was blowing and the tide was dangerous and the beaches and all excursions were closed.
    Progreso has 1 cache now. its a new one and just a few finds. i would work on planning a cruse that would take us to ports that would be best suited for the caching.

looks like Cancun has a dozen and Playa del Carmen has twice that. Cozumel has about 20. Ambergris Caye in Belize has some. i got all the ones in town knocked out already so i would need to rent a jeep and head further out to get the other out lying ones.

Puerto Rico, Jamaica, and Nassau are all good ports also.

Steal Your Cache Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey McGillicutty View Post
    One question: Just Bermuda?
    its so far out that's all there is. the boat typically stays 2 to 3 days.