Thread: Newbie in Little Rock.

lyana_snow Guest

Cool Newbie in Little Rock.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lyana, and I learned about geocaching about a week ago from the Arkansas State Parks website. I saw something about many caches in most of the parks, and I decided to look it up. It seemed very interesting, and last Friday, after I picked my kids up from school (I have 2) we went to Conner Park and found one of the caches. We were really excited, and tried to find another one in the same area (but not the park) but we couldn't find it and we were startled by some possible muggles who were back in the woods like us.
    Anyway, I am having some trouble finding the caches now. I have tried for 2 more, but with no luck. Hopefully that will turn around.
    I am sad to hear that I will be missing your upcoming event, as I will be out of town, but I hope to make the next one, and meet some like minded people.

Until next time!
    Lyana

T'nH Guest
    Hi! My family started back in September. I found it helpful, especially with kids, to research the area you are planning to go. For example, one of the bike trails in Searcy had quite a few caches. I knew ahead of time that certain ones had not been found in a bit so I knew not to spend much time on them. Sometimes we'd be pleasantly surprised when we'd find one that others hadn't. This is really good to do if the park you are going to only has a couple of caches--kind of a bummer to wind up 0/2 for an outing. If you are having trouble finding those others are able to find, I'm sure there are some folks here that can give pointers. Be sure to check the difficulty rating too!

Oh, look at the site calendar here---I think there are some geocaching 101 gatherings coming up soon which would probably be helpful!

Steal Your Cache Guest
    keep at it, the caches will get easier as you gain experience. you will be able to add cachers to your PAF list (phone a friend). that will help on those hard to get caches and on some of the easier ones that we are bring narrow minded on. d'oh!!!!

best of luck and don't worry there will be other events as spring has almost sprung!!!

Steal your cache, formally Goff-family

Quote Originally Posted by lyana_snow View Post
    Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Lyana, and I learned about geocaching about a week ago from the Arkansas State Parks website. I saw something about many caches in most of the parks, and I decided to look it up. It seemed very interesting, and last Friday, after I picked my kids up from school (I have 2) we went to Conner Park and found one of the caches. We were really excited, and tried to find another one in the same area (but not the park) but we couldn't find it and we were startled by some possible muggles who were back in the woods like us.
    Anyway, I am having some trouble finding the caches now. I have tried for 2 more, but with no luck. Hopefully that will turn around.
    I am sad to hear that I will be missing your upcoming event, as I will be out of town, but I hope to make the next one, and meet some like minded people.

Until next time!
    Lyana
    Welcome to the great sport of geocaching and ArkGeo, lyana_snow and family!
    Woodwalker and I are from Jacksonville.
    Don't get discouraged when you don't find the cache. After you get a few under your belt, they do get easier to figure out. Sometimes the title is a clue itself. Check the difficulty level too and if the cache has other DNFs.
    Happy Caching!

Welcome from L.A. (Lower Arkansas)!!

Welcome!!! We are glad you joined us in this game/hobby, and here on Arkgeo. Look forward to meeting you at an event soon!
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

the-snowlight Guest
    Welcome. We can give you some pointers at the meet'n greet Sunday at Shorty Small

Welcome to the fun called geocaching. There is something for everyone out there. Don't worry you will get the hang of it. I remember the first cache I went to find, a micro hidden in a most normal way but I had no idea what that was. But soon I learned some of the willey ways of the cache hider. What you could do is contact one of us and ask for some tips based upon where you will be searching. It helps if you get someone to go out with you a time or two and point out things during the search. I(f you have any question just ask.