Thread: Challenge requiremnets

the-snowlight Guest

Challenge requiremnets

I am about to post a challenge cache and wanted to get cachers out caching in the new year. The requirements are to find certain caches in 2013.
    However I was made aware that a challenge cannot be made based on "date found" which would defeat the purpose of the challenge.
    Thus I'd like to ask everybody to comment on how they feel about such restrictions.
    Surprising to me is that streaks challenges (like finding cache on 10 consecutive days) are allowed, since these also depend on dates found (one day after one other).
    I guess you get the message I do not like such limitations.

AH rule 3 is the one
    A Challenge cache must avoid undue restrictions. Specifically:
    Challenge caches based on a specific list of caches, such as caches placed by a specific person or group, will generally not be published.
    Challenge caches cannot include restrictions based on 'date found'; caches found before the challenge cache publication date can count towards the achievement of the challenge.

You can't say that one has to find a certain cache, you also cant say that you have to find a specfic cache on a certain day. However a Streak challenge does not specify which cache or when to find it. Only that you find a cache of your choice each day for a given number of days. I do not like the rule myself but it is what it is and will remain until it is changed

the-snowlight Guest
    Looks like it need to be changed!
    I changed my challenge to recommendations and hope it will be published and that cachers are honest and complete as intended. we will see.

the-snowlight Guest
    Regarding a streak challenge.
    Streaks on consecutive dates do require to find many caches at a "specific dates", which are the dates following each other. So a 10 day streak has 9 violations, 20 day streak 19 etc.
    I like streaks and I am glad for them because they get a lot cachers out and about.
    But I strongly feel that the restriction on dates found (e.g only caches posted after the posting date) give an unfair advantage to long time cachers. It is not that I have anything against them, but how do we draw new cachers in to the challenges game and make fair challenges. I there are too many high volume cachers that can run the statistic on couch and log it the next day without being challenged? That is and cannot be fair.

the-snowlight Guest
    You may be interested in the groundspeak.com forum. I've got 10+ response in the first 12 hrs
    go
    http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...owtopic=306406