View Poll Results: Which season is your favorite to go Geocaching?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spring

8 53.33%
  • Summer

0 0%
  • Autumn

2 13.33%
  • Winter

5 33.33%

Thread: Which season is your favorite to go Geocaching?

Talking Which season is your favorite to go Geocaching?

On a recent trip to CA & found my first cache in -11° in Green River UT!
    Took me 20 mins to find the right pile of rocks under the snow. It was a blast!
    My previous coldest cache was near Flagstaff AZ at 8° a week earlier.

So, which season is your favorite to go Geocaching?

I was going to offer a 5th choice of "All of the Above",
    but that's too easy, so you have to pick one!

T'nH Guest
    I'll have to wait until this fall to answer! I haven't minded caching in the cold/blistering windchills, but messing with the snow without proper gloves isn't my idea of fun. Not that we have to deal with that a whole lot around here. Since I prefer to hike in the fall when the foliage decreases and the colors abound, it will likely be Fall. Already planning on early morning caching this summer though.

So as not to break up your thread but is Cardsfan55 gone? MIA? Replaced? History? (Hey I also just bought two new kayaks off craig's list- wanna go have redemption at Malvern ?)

Quote Originally Posted by arkfiremedic View Post
    So as not to break up your thread but is Cardsfan55 gone? MIA? Replaced? History?
    Wellll, not completely gone. I mean I do still have a bunch of CF55 pathtags & my CF55 Cardinals jersey will still be worn to certain events. But Mickey McGillicutty of the Clan McGillicutty is the wee little pocket of mischievousness that lied dormant in the darkest recesses of the psyche. He's been patiently waiting for his chance to narrate the adventures & mis-adventures of the McGillicutty crew.

Hey I also just bought two new kayaks off Craig's list- wanna go have redemption at Malvern ?
    If you & _____ (insert name of experienced kayaker) think you can tow me behind in a inner-tube, then SURE!! LOL!
    Those smileys continue to taunt me to this day! They'd make for another grand episode or "McGillicutty vs The Moncai"!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey McGillicutty View Post
    If you & _____ (insert name of experienced kayaker) think you can tow me behind in a inner-tube, then SURE!! LOL!
    Those smileys continue to taunt me to this day! They'd make for another grand episode or "McGillicutty vs The Moncai"!

HAHA!! When this goes down we are going to have to get a photographer for evidence. The only evidence I have from our first kayaking experience is a vivid memory of me seeing the underside of another one of my kayaks someone was borrowing (happened more than once ) Out of the five water accessible caches we tried that day we found a grand total of "0" - Nadda - Nutin' - Whiffed. Not to mention I think someone ended up wet maybe...

I'm all game in getting you up that STEEEEEP hill across the river too when you make it across in your little inner-tube. 2ter may even have some of those little yellow arm floatie thingies if you need those to go with your inner-tube to ensure a successful trip! Are those caches some of your closest UNFOUND caches to your home coordinates? I figured you have wiped the great Hot Springs/ Garland County out with all the green boxes you have been collecting.

Just about any season is good for me. I have generally not hunted many in the summertime because of the heat. But I did just get a new kayak for Christmas so I will probably be getting quite a few that way this summer and placing a few.

The only evidence I have from our first kayaking experience is a vivid memory of me seeing the underside of another one of my kayaks someone was borrowing...
    Sounds a little like me the last time I was in one. Gonna have to get some practice in before I head out on anything that's not calm.

I despise the cold. I will take 100 degrees over 30 any day of the week. But I love the springtime. It's mostly because I know winter is over though!
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

I totally forgot I never responded to this...

2ter may even have some of those little yellow arm floatie thingies if you need those to go with your inner-tube to ensure a successful trip!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA.... LMBO! If that happens my wife will be there with the camera to get proof!

Are those caches some of your closest UNFOUND caches to your home coordinates? I figured you have wiped the great Hot Springs/ Garland County out with all the green boxes you have been collecting.
    Pretty much. I still have 3 or 4 fairly new caches that are closer, and the 2 Hot Springs Earthcaches, but that's it until the Malvern river caches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey McGillicutty View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA.... LMBO! If that happens my wife will be there with the camera to get proof!
    I wish, I wish, I wish she would have been there in round 1!!