Thread: Permission to come aboard

GIS_Gibby Guest

Permission to come aboard

Just registered. Great organization. Been using GPS for sixteen years (mapping, geodetic, recreation) in GIS and surveying. Just found out about geocaching. Go figure. Looking forward to stumbling around the River Valley with Soflam_man.

We found our first cache and TB yesterday during lunch. Just happened to have a geodetic-class receiver with us (Hmmmmmm).

Check out what is the bane of our existence at: http://gis.fsark.com

RuffRidr Guest
    Welcome to Geocaching, and welcome to the Arkansas Geocacher's board. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here. There are plenty of friendly people on here willing to help out.

--RuffRidr

Re: Permission to come aboard

Quote Originally Posted by GIS_Gibby
    We found our first cache and TB yesterday during lunch. Just happened to have a geodetic-class receiver with us (Hmmmmmm).
    Well, at least you cut out HALF the error, right?

Welcome to the group! Sounds like you have some great GPSr experience. My experience, on the other hand, is strictly pleasure. In fact, I bought my GPSr specifically for geocaching. Of course, I've learned that it can help me with lots of other things, too. Now, I use mine to mark my favorite fishing spots, to help me find my way around in unfamiliar territory, and even to map my favorite golf courses (hey, that's only a 7-iron from here).
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

Welcome aboard we hope you can find answers to all your questions. I'm available anytime.
    If your not living life on the edge your taking up too much space!!!!!!

thenaturenurd Guest

Welcome welcome

My first experience with GPS was also for more professional reasons. Hope you like it here. Welcome!

Craig