Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Page for Great Geocaches

RuffRidr Guest
    Well this idea has kind of fallen by the wayside, so I'll try to inject some life into it.

As many of you probably already know, Geocaching.com has recently instituted a new feature on their website called bookmarks. You can make bookmark lists of caches and share them with people. I think these are a great way of letting other people know about some of the Cream of the Crop caches that are around. Anyway, I went through my cache finds and tried to find my Top 10%. Here's what I came up with:

RuffRidr's Favorites

Anybody else feel like sharing their favorites? If enough people share, maybe we could add a page that links to the favorites. Maybe that could substitue for a page that lists the local outstanding caches.

--RuffRidr

Sure, I'll play! Keep in mind that we don't have a huge amount of caches under our belt, but of the ones we have found, here is our Top Ten list:

Gaddiel and OrangeDanish's Top Ten
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

rock_hound Guest
    Finally got my top ten completed:

Team Rock Hound's Top Ten

However, I have only found 135 caches.

nonnipoppy Guest
    We are going to try to get this list posted. Our all time favorites contains nine caches in Arkansas and two that are elsewhere. This is the list of caches that we could remember. Others may come to mind later.

nonnipoppy's favorites http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/...6-1ca7dcac6e04

Would someone please tell me what is wrong here? Thanks...poppy

RuffRidr Guest
    Great lists everyone! Keep them coming. My to-do list is getting larger and larger.

--RuffRidr

Geezer_Veazey Guest
    Here is my top 10 list. It now stands at 11 caches and is sure to grow when I visit Glory Hole. Two of these are out of state - Maine and Alabama. Most of them require hiking and are not particularly easy.

Cedar Creek is a multi that requires you to find two additional caches and will take you to near the falls in Petit Jean. Also, be sure to read my "found it" log on geocaching.com for Kings River Falls to see why it is my favorite.

Geezer's Top Ten: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/...e-cb7fc9650e9b

Geezer

nonnipoppy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    .......... Also, be sure to read my "found it" log on geocaching.com for Kings River Falls to see why it is my favorite.

Any idea when that might happen again?.. ....great story...poppy

Quote Originally Posted by nonnipoppy
    Quote Originally Posted by Geezer_Veazey
    .......... Also, be sure to read my "found it" log on geocaching.com for Kings River Falls to see why it is my favorite.

Any idea when that might happen again?.. ....great story...poppy
    Maybe there are some other pictures that DIDN'T get published?
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

nonnipoppy Guest
    We have added a couple of caches to our listing that were supposed to be there originally but poppy forgot.

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/vie ... a7dcac6e04

Would someone please explain to me how to make this be hidden and words like nonnipoppy's favorites link to this list.

RuffRidr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nonnipoppy
    We have added a couple of caches to our listing that were supposed to be there originally but poppy forgot.

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/vie ... a7dcac6e04

Would someone please explain to me how to make this be hidden and words like nonnipoppy's favorites link to this list.

The trick is to hit the URL button, then put the URL within the []'s. Then put the name in between the beginning and end tags. It should look like this:
    Is that clear as mud?
    --RuffRidr