Thread: Thank you...and more

matachama Guest

Thank you...and more

Im sorry it took so long to write this thank you note, but it has been a very busy week.
    I would like to take this time to thank all geocachers at the Clarksville event. First to Nonnipoppy and Gulfnutz,what a wonderful time last week. Second to the families who stayed outside with my husband in the bitter cold to give him cache co-ordinates since we were completely unprepared... which is sooooo not me!!! But we decided to go on Saturday morning when I saw the event post and left 15 minutes later for a 2 hour drive. And third to everyone at the event for being so nice and welcoming us. We really didnt even feel like a stranger...it was great. We have been searching for a long time for a hobby we could do as a family and a couple. With the world being so hecktic these days people dont really have time to do anything but work and then relax for a few days. Needless to say our friend list is short for "doing " things. I think we have found a great group. I was a little leary at first, going to a place and not knowing anyone, who they were or what they believed. For anyone new thinking about this hobby...just do it!!! There are all kinds of people and the fellowship is wonderful.
    OK---now---prior to the event last week we had only searched and found 1 cache. We now have 7...yeeeaaa. We love it and are in it for the long haul. I have alot of ideas and I hope it doesnt wear everyone out. I really would like to see this hobby grow in the state and make a difference.
    We are very interested in going to the event in St. Louis and would love to get some teams together...I saw another post for the event and it doesnt seem like there is much interest. Come on...lets show America what we can do from Arkansas.
    Well, for those I havent lost after such a long letter, Ive got to go. Let's all get excited and make this hobby even more fun. I guess my most favorite parts is the fellowship and watching the kids get excited wanting to find "the next treasure".
    Again thank you and hope to see ya all on the trails...

It was great meeting you guys and getting to know you. It's so good to see that others are excited about the same things that we enjoy! Hope you guys get as much fun out of geocaching as we have, and even more. Thanks for choosing to be an active member of ArkGeo!

Wayne
    I get my directions from above.
    View my profile

LadyEngineer Guest
    As you found Saturday, some of the nicest people are into this sport. We don't all always agree, as you will see from some of our forum discussions, but we all have about 3 things in common: 1) a great love for the outdoors, 2) a great love for our families and 3) a great joy in hearing someone talk so excited about what excites us.

We were very glad to met you Saturday and thank you so much for letting me hold Madisynn.

All right guys, they have laid a challenge down. Are we going to prove to them that Arkansas can show the rest of the world how to geocache or not?

I'm in and since I'm in I've got to go spray paint some ammo cans. Later.

cachemates Guest
    Sorry we didn't get to meet you at the event. I know there were others we missed. The events are great for meeting new people.
    We had the same experience as you before we went to the Burns Park Event. Not sure what kind of people would be there and just a little hesitant about going. I'm sure glad we did. We had a great time and met a lot of great people. Some if not most of the same people you met at Clarksville. Now we look forward to the Events. Maybe we will meet you at the next one.
    Jerry

BACKPACKNJACK Guest

Re: Thank you...and more

Welcome matachama!
    Quote Originally Posted by matachama
    Im sorry it took so long to write this thank you note, but it has been a very busy/..../ Second to the families who stayed outside with my husband in the bitter cold to give him cache co-ordinates since we were completely unprepared... which is sooooo not me!!! But we/.../
    I enjoyed your post. Thanks!
    I agree, the cachers there were sort of like caches themselves. Some you will get to enjoy today and the others will be just as enjoyable the "next-go-round"
    "Prepared? I didn't know you were supposed to be prepared