Thread: Hello from Searcy

T'nH Guest

Hello from Searcy

Hi! We are a homeschool family from Searcy. Last week Education Alliance posted an article/link on their Facebook page which lead me to geocaching.com.

We love to hike; The boys have hiking as one of their "projects" with 4-H. Geocaching will give us the extra motivation to get out more (especially since so many don't require "hiking" to accomplish).

Although our weekend was swamped, my husband agreed to take us out using his Garmin running watch. Although it was spot on, by the time we got home he told me to order a GPS unit (I did--as well as other goodies). Considering I don't want to ruin his watch, the boys and I are patiently waiting for our unit to arrive before venturing out on our own during the day.

I have a feeling that I now have an excellent motivator to get the kids to finish their schoolwork quicker so we can go explore. We will also be traveling a bit here/there this fall which opens up the door to some great fun. I love the Arkansas State Parkcache--we will be all over that!

Blessings!

Welcome to the wonderful, addictive world of Geocaching!!! It's a great game and has a lot of great people involved. Hope to see you out on the trail somewhere!

Welcome to the game and to ArkGeo. You guys are in a great place for geocaching. There are plenty in Searcy to keep you busy for a while.

Welcome! Glad you could join us!
    Profile for thefab5willisclan

Welcome to a great family activity! May you and your family have many wonderful adventures through geocaching and make many lasting memories.

If you have not become a registered voting member, I encourage you to do so.
    Here is the link to register http://arkgeocaching.org/voting_booth.php?do=register.

Happy Caching!

T'nH Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MathSeeker View Post

If you have not become a registered voting member, I encourage you to do so.
    Here is the link to register http://arkgeocaching.org/voting_booth.php?do=register.

Happy Caching!
    Besides the obvious, being eligible to vote, what else does this entail?

Thanks.

Becoming a registered voting member makes you a member of Arkansas Geocachers Association. When you just join the website, you are a member of a website, not a member of ArkGeo.

Becoming a member of ArkGeo should mean you support and promote the vision and mission of ArkGeo.
    VISION: Arkansas Geocachers Association exists for the purposes of promoting and improving geocaching in Arkansas. Through education and by example, we are committed to the idea of utilizing this challenging, fulfilling, and family-friendly activity as a means by which we will engage in the conservation of the natural, unspoiled landscapes of the state of Arkansas by encouraging members to maintain the highest level of respect for parks, trails, and other areas in which geocaching may be conducted.
    MISSION: To promote and improve the quality of geocaching in Arkansas by 1) promoting programs that encourage environment-friendly behaviors; 2) assisting in the facilitation of increased communications among geocachers; 3) establishing and coordinating dialog and cooperation with landowners in addition to federal, state, and local agencies; 4) maintaining geocaching as a family-friendly activity.

You also have access to more forums, can enter contests, can serve on committees...

T'nH Guest
    Thanks for the info. I'll do that.

Got our GPS in the mail yesterday so we had to go break it in today! Fun day out, even with the heavy cloud cover.

drmo913 Guest
    Hey!! Welcome to the fun!
    ...From Your Newport Neighbor